The Mystic Mercury

The bus arrived in Feltham and you, Roger, and Freddie stepped off and walked down the road from the Lansbury Avenue stop. It had been awhile since you'd been in Feltham but nothing had really changed. It still was the quiet little home you and Freddie had once known, of course that would quickly change—Freddie and Roger have been belting out song lyrics for the past few miles. At first it had just been Freddie but Roger was quick to join in on a little bit of Beatles and some Cream, even a touch of Zeppelin here and there when Freddie really felt like hollering—he did have quite a knack for that.

It wasn't long before you arrived, you popped a quick hello in next door at the Bulsara home. Kash was home and hanging out with a few girls from school. Although you regularly saw her, it always seemed she was getting so much older. After a bit of afternoon tea, you, Freddie, and Rog headed for the Burgess's.

Mrs. Burgess opened up the door and smiled, "Freddie! y/n! So good to see you! And who might this be?" she gestured to Roger.

"Roger Taylor Ma'am," he shook her hand to which she bashfully chortled.

"Quite the gentleman," regarded Mrs. Burgess, "Here why don't you kids come inside, I'll get the boxes down from the loft".

The three of you walked in the Burgess home, it really was lovely. Although they were connected to the Bulsara house, the interior had a completely different design—perhaps they remodeled. The walls were a very white almost peach color and the carpeting a rather emerald green. All sorts of little knicknacks filled the room and although the Burgesses were rather young, it appeared they had already had a life so well lived. Freddie was remarking upon these different assorted items just as Mr. Burgess came down the stairs.

"Aha, I thought I recognized that voice," said Mr. Burgess as he entered the room.

"How kind of you to remember," said Freddie nodding his head, sort of pleased.

"How could I forget," Mr. Burgess laughed, "All you ever did was shout and holler out there in the garden!" Freddie sort of blushed and you smiled. Mrs. Burgess came down the stairs box in hand, "Hey tell me, have you learned any more chords on the guitar?" Mr. Burgess laughed.

"Derick!" Mrs. Burgess playfully snapped and then smiled at Freddie.

"I'm just teasing the boy, Carole," Mr. Burgess snickered.

"Here you boys go! Take anything you like," said Mrs. Burgess as she placed a few boxes down in the living room.

"Thank you!" you replied.

"It's no problem sweetie," she smiled, "I hope you find something to sell in there, it's been years since I've dug through those boxes, they were my mum's".

Mr. Burgess returned to the upstairs and Mrs. Burgess attended to something in the kitchen while Freddie and Rog began to open up boxes.

"Get a load of this," said Roger pulling out an old woman's buret from seemingly the 1940s.

"Give it here!" Freddie squealed and placed the cap on his head.

"Charming," you laughed.

"Ooh! Look at all this fur!" Freddie said opening up a box entirely comprised of fur coats.

"Those'll sell well," regarded Roger as Freddie draped a large fur coat over his shoulders.

"Y/n, try this one on," said Freddie handing you a smaller fur coat.

"I thought we were selling these," said Roger.

"Oh come on, have a little fun Rog," you said as you adorned your fur outfit with a knit turban and some dark, rose-embroidered gloves. Freddie was busy wrapping himself in a multitude of multicolored, earth-tone scarves.