Chapter Ten: Happy Birthday Andrew

Start from the beginning

It was a few moments, “Yes?”

“Could you aim the grapes to land in my lap? Having to pick them out of my hair constantly is annoying.”

“… Okay!”

Immediately a grape was in his lap and he chuckled, “Thanks!”

Another grape, “No problem!”

   Turning on the gaming systems they all began to play Rock Band and soon enough the entire band was in there jamming on the toy instruments.

***

   Working back and forth between manning the pies that were cooking and the birthday cake was a bit of a challenge but I was having fun with it. Making sure that nothing was burning I picked up a grape and then winked at Sammi and Jinxx before tossing it into Andy’s fluffy hair. Ducking behind the counter I hand to hold in my laughter as I figured he was looking for who threw that.

   Crawling on my knees over to the oven I got back up and then took out the cake. Putting the layers together I sat it on the counter to cool so that I could ice it later. A few minutes later the timer for the pies went off and I was quickly taking those out. Setting those to cool I went back to the cake to ice it.

   The cake layers were huge and I had about four containers of frosting; time to get to work. Taking the top layer off I opened the first container of vanilla frosting and dumped it all out onto the top of the bottom layer. Spreading it all over I used half of the second container to finish it up. Putting second layer on I had to have Chris help me lift all of it and set it correctly. Thanking him I got to work on icing the rest of it.

   It was a bit of a stretch but I got all of it iced perfectly and then got the decoration icing ready. Getting the tip on that I wanted I set to decorating the sides first in curly black designs. Putting the BVB logo on the front of the cake I then switched to a red icing and a different icing tip. Underneath the logo in large Victorian letters I wrote ,

Happy Birthday Andy!

   Finishing that I set to put many designs on the cake and over all just making it look amazing. Once I was done I stepped back to look at my work; it looked good. Smiling I went over to the sink and wiped off the small bits of icing that were still on my hands.

“Wow this is amazing! Did you do this?” Chris asked as he looked over it.

“Hahaha, yeah I did. I used to have to decorate my sister’s cakes all the time when I lived in Florida. She always wanted very sophisticated cakes that had a bunch of details.”

“Oh Senna honey this is amazing!” Amy gasped as she came over.

   Smiling at them both I picked up the bowl of grapes and proceeded to throw them in Andy’s hair. He really was fun to throw things at. Chris chuckled and then tossed one as well. The doorbell rang and Andy got up to get it.

   Pouting at the loss of my target I put down the bowl of grapes and then began working on setting the table. Putting down the tablecloth I walked back in and got all of the plates. Just as I was going to get the silverware it was suddenly set down on the table in front of me. I looked up and saw Sammi smiling at me.

“Hey Sammi.” I said while giving her a hug.

“Hey there Senna. How are you?” She asked while returning my affections.

“I’m good. How are you doing?”

“Pretty good but how are you and Andy?” She began to take silverware to help me set the table.

I shrugged, “Well there’s really nothing to talk about; we’re still not together.”

“You know you’re driving him crazy right?”