41. Save the date

"What do you think, red or cranberry?" Tiffany asks as she holds up two braid maids dresses.

I groan playfully and she gives me a warning glare, but I just smile. "Cranberry." She smile and nods, putting the red dress back on the rack. I follow behind her as her wedding planner and mom buzz around while Tiffany and I pick out dresses.

Her wedding dress was picked out months ago and it's hard to believe my two best friends will be married in just a month.

"Riley, Aiden is coming right?" Her eyes slightly wide; she must have forgotten she has asked me this question at least 5 times now.

"Yep, he is planning on it. Wrote it on his calendar and everything." She lets out a sigh of relief and continues looking around the bridal shop.

I stop and find myself drawn to a wedding dress tucked into the corner of the store, it has a beautiful lace neckline with a key hole front, the elegant fit and flare cut making it look like it goes on for days. My fingers touch the bodice, running along the rich fabric.

"Do you like this one?" Tiffany comes up behind me and asks, making me jump.

"Ah, yeah. It's beautiful." I try to compose myself, recoiling my hand from the dress.

"I'm sure they would let you try it on." She says with an excited tone.

Laughing quietly, I shake my head. "I don't need to try it on, I'm not the one getting married."

"Still-" she tries to argue, but I walk away from it. After a minute she hurries after me. "Party pooper." She sticks her tongue out at me.

I do it back and we meet up with her mom again, all of us listening to the party planner go on and on about flowers. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out.

Opening it to my texts, I open the one from Aiden.

Aiden: that dress would look gorgeous on you baby ;)

I read the message a few more times, so confused. Tiffany muffles a laugh and I look up at her. She shows me her texts.

Her latest one was to Aiden.

Tiffany: wouldn't this look great on Riley? Or better yet, off her ;) ;)

Attached to the message is a picture of the dress.

Aiden's reply: Riley looks good in everything, but that dress wouldn't last every long on her. Does she know you sent this?

Tiffany: nope!

Aiden: you're going to be in trouble haha

Tiffany hurries and side steps away from me as I go to bump her, we both quietly giggle and the wedding planner glares in my direction for distracting Tiffany.

I turn my attention back to my phone and type.

Me: better off me huh?

Aiden: it was a joke babe, just a joke haha

Me: oh I see, so you wouldn't want that. Got it.

After a few minutes of watching the typing bubbles pop up and go away and come up again just to go away. He replies.

Aiden: Not like that! Id love to see it off you and get to see you like that, but I don't want to push you!

I smile a little, it's sweet that he is getting all flustered thinking I am upset.

Me: I was teasing babe, I know you don't want to push me.

Aiden: you stinker. You scared me for a second.

"Well, let's head over to the venue to see what other decorations we need." The wedding planner claps her hands and I follow while typing.

Me: love you too, got to go do wedding stuff. See you later tonight?

Aiden: yeah, picking you up :) be safe babe.

Shoving my phone back in my pocket, I can't keep the smile off my face.

———————-

As Tiffany waves goodbye, my stomach flutters like crazy knowing that Aiden will be here any minute.

Watching the cars pass by I find myself thinking about the many different life's all these people have and wonder what they may be going through. Have they had a bad day today? Or perhaps it seems like the best day ever.

"You off in space?" A deep voice shatters my thoughts.

I turn my head to see Aiden with a bright smile, his hair shorter and greased back in a messy type of way. His tan pants and white shirt looking sharp under his black motorcycle jacket.

"Hi." The smile on my face as wide as can be as his hand reaching out helping me up. "When did you get here?"

"Just a few minutes ago, didn't want to disturb you." His lips press against my forehead and I lean into it.

"You could have." I playful smack his chest and grab his hand. "What do you wanna do?"

He gives me a playful smirk and leads me to his motorcycle. "It's a surprise."

Rolling my eyes, we get on and ride off into the slow ending day. My arms around his waist as my stupid helmet slightly hits the back of his when we hit bumps.

Before too long, the city turns into trees and long winding roads; the ocean shinning through them from below. When the trees break the ocean shimmers with the setting sun and watercolor painted sky.

We pull off into a small parking lot to walk down to the beach, his hand holding mine tightly as we get down to the water. I give him a questioning look before he takes off his jacket and picks me up; throwing me over his shoulder and running into the water.

I squeal and kick trying to get away, but it is too late as a large wave splashes both of us making sure we both are drenched. Aiden loosens his grip and slides me down his chest until I am face to face with him. I glare at him and he laughs, kissing me happily as if he didn't just spontaneously run into the ocean.

"What in the world Aiden?" I question laughing as he kisses my neck dramatically, making sure his beard tickles the sensitive skin.

"Marry me." He whispers again my collar bone and I stop making any sound.

"What?" My heart beat is pounding in my ears and I can feel his heart beating just as fast.

"Will you marry me?" He pulls back to look at me and I look at him in shock.

"Are you serious?" My voice comes out softly.

"Completely."

"Yes." His eyes widen and he swings me around causing a big splash on the water as we both smile like fools.