16. Our Mark

As I stand in Tiffany's room, I look at myself in the body length mirror and feel my heart beating like crazy as what today's events will bring. I self-consciously cover my stomach where my mark is and just imagine what Aiden might think.

"You ready to go?" Tiffany calls from her bathroom and I walk to the door way to look in and see her pulling her short hair back slightly to tight a white and black bandanna under her hair and the knot sits to the side on top of her head. Her bright red ruffled bikini making her pale skin even whiter.

"Yep." I say nervously popping the "p"

She smiles at me before walking passed me and back into her room, Grabbing her beach bag.

"Anyone here?" Dennis calls out from down stairs and Tiffany smiles from ear to ear before bolting down stairs and I follow behind with a small smile on my face watching as Dennis turns just in time to catch Tiffany who throws herself at him.

Dennis spines her around and places her back on the ground kissing her for a moment, before looking at her than obiviously checking her out, but then his eyebrows furrow together and he looks at her as if he is about to scold a child.

"Oh no you don't." He says serious.

"What?" Tiffany asks, pretending to be innocent.

"You cover up before we get to the beach."

"What, why?"

"Umm, because I'm not going to let every guy in town see you like this for free, ever, so go put on a shirt and shorts."

"Baby." Tiffany whines.

"No. Or are you ok with me walking around with no shirt on all day letting all those girls from the-"

"NO!" Tiffany covers his mouth with her hands, "Fine, I'll put something on." She glares and stomps upstairs like a toddler.

Dennis and me laugh.

When Tiffany comes back down, she has on a white t shirt that still lets you see her swimming suit and a pair of light jean shorts.

"Better?" She asks with a bitter tone.

Dennis smiles at her sweetly and pulls her to him and kisses her forehead, "Much. Let's head out."

"I'll see you guys there, Aiden wanted to pick me up." I smile with slight butterflies in my stomach.

"Ok." Tiffany says hugging me before we all go out the front door and Tiffany locks it.

I wave to them as they pull out of the drive way and sit down on the steps on Tiffany's house. A few minutes pass before my phone buzzes and I pull it out to see that Aiden is calling me.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, I'm sorry to make you wait! I'm just a little lost, but I am close!" He says slightly panicked and I smile to myself.

"It's ok, I'll be the girl sitting on the steps on a bikini." I tease, "Shouldn't be too hard to find."

"You better not be just sitting there in your bikini." He almost growls.

"Guess you will have to find out." I sing-song and laugh as he curses under his breath.

"I'm here, I think." He says and I watch as his slick black car pulls up along the side walk and I end the call the same time he does as our eyes connect.

Walking to the car, I feel Aiden's eyes on me like lasers. "Hi." I say once I open the door and slide into the passenger seat.

"Hi, you were going to be in trouble if you where just sitting out in the open in your swimming suit." He smiles at me and places his hand on my thigh, before pulling away from the side walk and driving to the main street.

"You don't look to be in your swimming suit." I point out, looking to see he is in a black t- shirt with light jeans and some converse.

"I'll change once we get there." He glances over at me with a smile and I return it before looking out the window.

When we get to the beach and we find Tiffany and Dennis, we all set out our things and claim our spot on the beach. The boys excuse themselves to the changing room as Tiffany and me put some sunscreen on.

I stand up and walk to where the water just barely touches my toes, closing my eyes, I just relish the feeling of the sun pouring down on me and the cool water sending goosebumps up my body.

When Tiffany cheers behind me, I turn half way and watch as the boys walk down towards us; as if they are super models, the wind blows just slightly and it messes up their hair so they both move it back with their hands and their muscled bodies continue towards us. I glance to see that a lot of other people are watching them too, well more like all the other girls are.

But my eyes go back to Aiden and my eyes scan his whole body before they go back to his chest where among other marks, I see the one that matches mine and it is a feeling that I can't even begin to describe with words on how it feels. For so long I was worried that no one would have the mark that matches mine or that some how you could erase it. But there it was.

The blooming black flower in the middle of his chest that has a long thin black stem that almost goes all the way down to his navel.

Before I know it Aiden is right in front of me and his arms are around my waist holding me to him, "What are you staring at?" He says amused.

I shake my head bringing myself out of my thoughts and smile up at him before looking back down at our mark and running my fingers along it.

"It's really here." I whisper still in disbelief.

Aiden holds me tighter and kisses my forehead. "Yeah it is."

After a few minutes Tiffany splashes up and we turn to see Dennis and her in the water already.

"Hurry up slow pokes!"

Aiden and me laugh before he lets go and I tell him to go ahead, while I walk back to our things and take off my shoes and shorts.

Looking back to see him in the water up to his hips, but he is looking right at me as I take off my shirt.