19. Hospital food

The water slowly moves in and out on the sand and I let it just barely touch my feet as I stand on the sand watching the sun set. Aiden slowly walking out of the water towards me with his hair dripping wet; his body covered in water droplets making them roll down his ads as he gets to solid ground. 

I run my fingers along his ads and up to his strong shoulders, his lips turning up in a small smirk as I stand on my tip toes trying to reach his lips, but right when I am about to, right when I can feel his breath on my parted lips. My body falls into ice cold water, the waves crashing over me again and again make it hard to know what direction the surface is. 

Kicking my legs and pushing with my arms I try to get myself to the surface, but wave after wave roll on top of me making it impossible to get there; my eyes sting with the salt water as I open them desperately trying to find the surface, my lungs burning for air. 

After what seems like forever, I stop fighting and I just float there as the waves crash down on me; the surface getting further and further away. In the light blue surface, I can see a figure watching me drown, and the only person who was at the beach with me was Aiden. Is that him? Is he just going to watch me drown?

My lungs can't hold in the little air I have left, and I watch as they leave me in little air bubbles rushing to the surface. As soon as I open my mouth to breath in some air; I jump awake and look around to see where I am. 

The small sound of the heart monitor making me remember where I am and I hold onto my knees tighter as I look to the bed and still see Aiden unconscious. 

It's been 4 days. 

Aiden's family has come to visit and I think that his parents realize something is going on between us now. I can tell that his father was always thinking something might, but his mom.... She isn't too fond of the idea. She barely looks at me anymore, she barely talks to me and when she can avoid it, she does. 

The doctor's say that he should wake up any day now; but I haven't seen any change whatsoever in his condition. 

Slowly, I get up from the arm chair in the corner and out the door; Tiffany has been here every day and I look in through the small window in the door to Dennis's room to see her exactly where she was the day before and the day before that. Curled up beside him on the hospital bed. His head wrapped, a tube down his throat and a thick cast on his leg. 

Tiffany is asleep, so I decide not to go in and head to the cafeteria to get her some food. 

When I get there people are around, but all with family. Getting in line I get her a ham sandwich, a large soda and some fruit snacks. Walking back up to Dennis's room, I quietly open the door and set the tray down on the table next to the chair and go back to Aiden's room. 

When I walk in a nurse is hovering over him and taking some vitals, but I have seen this nurse before and she gives me dirty looks. My guess is that she likes Aiden and doesn't like that I am around all the time. 

She turns to look at me when the door closes and she instantly glares. I try to ignore her and sit back down in the chair that I am always in. 

"You're his faded?" She asks with a bitter tone. 

"Yes." 

She rolls her eyes and writes something down in the clip board in her hand, when she is about to leave the room, she stops and slowly looks back up to me. "I can't believe he left me for you." 

I look at her, taken aback, "Excuse me?" 

"Clearly you know that he has been with other woman, enjoying himself. Why in the world would he pick to be with a girl." 

"Maybe because I'm not a hoe." I smile at her nicely as she looks at me with deep blush on her face. 

"How dare you." She says out of embarrassment. 

"No, how dare you." I say coldly. "We are faded. You can't change that and he obviously didn't want you if he is with me." 

She straighten a little and walks out of the room with nothing more to say and even though I feel confident in the words that I said; her words got to me. 

He has been with other women and to think that I would run into one here of all places. 

I curl up on the chair and hold onto my legs, burring my face into my knees, letting the smooth fabric of my leggings absorb my tears. 

I turn my head slightly and look at Aiden, if I asked him about his other marks would he be honest and tell me? If I asked him about his past, would he tell me? 

Feeling my heart tighten I hold onto my self tighter, wishing that he was the one holding me together right now and I wasn't doing this alone. 

Hiding my face once again, I start to sob and I muffle them with my hands. 

Why did we have to fight at the beach, why does our story have to be so complicated. 

"Darling, why are you crying?" A deep, raspy voice stops me and I look up. 

Aiden  is looking at me through tired eyes and he has a confused expression on his face; but he is awake. More tears fall down my face and I get off the chair and climb into the bed next to him as he opens his arms for me.