17. Crashing

Walking down to the water, I can hear my heart beat in my ears and I nervously cover myself by folding my arms a crossed my chest as it feel like the beach goes on forever before I get to the water. Numerous people looking at me as I finally get to the water, I swallow hard trying to get my nerves to relax.

When I get in the water, warm arms wrap around me and I whip my head to see who it is and I breathe for the first time in what seems like forever as I realize who it is and I wrap my arms around his shoulders as he walks further into the water with me.

"Wow." Aiden says softly.

"What?" I ask, loving the feeling of his touch and the waves just moving around us.

"You are so beautiful." I look him in the eyes and see that his deep blue eyes are locked onto me, never wavering to all the noisy people around us.

I open my mouth to say something, but find no words coming to mind as we sit here in the water and just look at each other, even though we have been on dates and have seen each other many times; this moment was one that could change history, it is as if I has never truly seen him til now.

His eyes go down my chest and he holds me up out of the water, making me wrap my legs around his waist as he looks at the mark on my chest that matches his. I lean back a little as his fingers slowly go down, tracing it.

My eyes flutter closed as I feel him grab my ribs, bringing my upper body closer to his mouth and the feeling of his hot breath on my skin before I feel his soft lips kiss my mark on the flower.

"I'm so lucky your mine." He says bringing me up all the way so that I hold onto his shoulders again, our hearts beating against each others.

"I'm the lucky one." I say, holding onto him tighter.

He laughs and all of a sudden falls back wards, I let out a small scream as he does and we go under water. I let go of him as he lets go of me and we both get up, he laughs at me as I get the water away from my eyes.

I splash him and he gives me a playful look before I splash him again.

We go on splashing each other for a while and him tackling me into the water, or throwing me over his shoulder.

When the sun starts to set and Tiffany and Dennis are in the sand building a sand castle; everything becomes a calm quiet.

Aiden is holding me bridal style in the water as we watch the sun starting to set, my fingers lazily tracing all his tattoos then going back to our mark; for a moment I remember that time I called and I heard a girls voice with him and my eyes look at all the other marks, wondering how he got them and who they match.

"You are so popular." The words slip out.

"What?" He asks, looking down at me.

"These marks, all the girls watching you on the beach today."

"Are you kidding me?" He looks at me with a serious face.

"It's true."

Aiden rolls his eyes and lets me go so that I am standing up in front of him.

The water moving around us still, "That's what your thinking of right now? All the other people who were looking at me?" He scolds.

"Aiden." I say, a little surprised at how offended he is right now.

"There were guys on the beach too Riley, all drooling over you."

"Why are you so mad?" I ask, reaching out to touch his arm.

"Because I am enjoying being with you and you are thinking about past things that don't even matter." He steps back out of my reach.

"Hey Aiden, you want to come with me to get some food for the BBQ?" Dennis calls out and we look over at him.

"Yeah, I'll come." Aiden reply's.

"Aiden."

"Drop it, we can talk about it later. Just enjoy today." He says not looking at me and walking back up the beach.

My heart drops as I watch him throw on his shirt and towel dry his swimming suit before following Dennis to his car.

I run my hands through my hair and squeeze my eyes shut then throw my hands down in the water making a large splash in frustration.

Why am I so stupid?! We are having an amazing time and I had to let my head overthink things.

Once the sun goes down, I walk back to the beach and Tiffany and me talk about random things, but we both get a weird feeling and stop talking.

"Riley," Tiffany is about to say something, but we hear a loud crash sound and tires screeching.

Both of us turn to see on the road that two cars have collided, my heart stops beating as I see Aiden's slick black car, rolling three times down the road and into the sand.

In a blur, I'm running towards the car my voice stuck in my throat stopping me from screaming.

When I get to the drivers side, the window is shattered and I see Aiden hanging upside down with his seat-belt holding him in place, glass shards had cut his face and are scattered all over in the sand so as I try to get closer I can feel them cutting at my palms and legs.

Dennis is also upside down, but his arm is twisted weird and it makes my stomach turn, his face cut up too and a large gash on his forehead.

"Aiden, Dennis!" I yell, hoping that if they are conscious they will give me a sign.

Dennis mumbles a little and I hurry over to the passenger side, kneeling down to touch his cheek, "It's Riley, Can you hear me Dennis?"

"Ri-" He mumbles and slightly opens his eyes to look around, "Wher- is- Tiff-" His struggles to get out and his eyes can't focus on anything.

"She is safe, she's ok." I reassure him.

I look up at the beach to see Tiffany running towards us with the phone up to her ear and I sigh, help is on the way.

"Dennis, Aiden; it's going to be ok, help is on the way! Just hang on." I say trying to keep my voice from shaking.

Please, please let things be ok.