5. Ghost

_TWO WEEKS AFTER THE BREAK UP_

I stand by my locker and watch as Gregory walks passed with all of his student counsel friends, all of them giving me a dirty look; while Gregory clearly avoids eye contact with me.

I sigh slightly and turn back to my locker, getting my textbook out.

"Still a target?" Tiffany asks when she comes up just in time to see all the notes fall out of my locker.

All of them in red or black ink cursing me out for breaking up with Gregory and how I am such a horrible person. "I'm so popular." I tease and Tiffany looks at me with a worried look.

"Riley, this is serious. Some of them have threats on them, what are you going to do?"

"Ignore them." I shrug, playing this off lightly and closing my locker, then gather the notes and throw them away.

"Has Aiden contacted you?" She timidly asks.

Since that night, I have honestly been avoiding everyone from that family. His parents are still really friendly with me, not holding any hard feelings against me unlike their son.

"No, no word from Aiden." I say, no text, no call, no visit. Nothing. It's just like I am a ghost now.

"Maybe I need to give him a piece of my mind." Tiffany tries to joke, but I just give her a small smile before waving to her as she goes to her class and I have to go into English.

Which is now my most hated class. I didn't like it before because it was all the same stuff, but now I hate it because it is an hour and a half of endless torment from Gregory and his friends.

As soon as I walk in everyone starts to whisper, when I sit down, I jump right back up and look down to see a tack on my seat. I glare up at a girl who is sitting next to Gregory who laughed and whispered to her friends, followed by a high five. Gregory looks a little less amused by their actions, but doesn't say anything.

Throwing the tack on the ground, I sit down and pull out my notebook and assignments.

As the class drags on with numerous notes being passed to me about how I should beg for Gregory back or whoever wrote the note brags about how good he is in bed. When the bell rings, I gather all my things and the notes, then on the way out I dump them in the garbage.

When I turn back around to walk out, someone trips me and I fall to the floor. My temple hitting the corner of a desk. I cuss under my breath and Tiffany shoves whoever did it into the door frame.

"What the heck is wrong with you?! She could have gotten really hurt from that!"

"Well, maybe she shouldn't be such a horrible person." The guy says back with a cocky tone.

"You know what, None of you know what the heck happened! You all just made up your own story and are spreading rumors, So knock it off before I break someones nose." She shoves the guy one more time and give everyone one else a death glare while Denis shows up and grabs my arm, helping me up.

I look around the room and see everyone looking at me, Gregory's eyes are wide with shock.

I touch my temple and wince, when I pull back my fingers they have some blood on them.

"We need to get her to the hospital." Denis says, Tiffany nods and she gets on the other side of me helping me walk to through the door way.

"Wait." Tiffany turns slightly and rolls her eyes, "Oh heck no, "She lets go of me and smiles at Denis, "Take her to the car, I'll be right there." Denis nods and continues to walk with me towards the exit.

But I can still hear Tiffany.

"Tiffany," Gregory says.

"Oh heck no!" She yells at him, "You don't get to act like you care now Gregory. All of your friends and even complete strangers have been treating her like crap from the passed two weeks and you've just watched all of it! You never tired to tell them what really happened, you let them hurt her, bully her, threaten her and spread rumors about her! I don't care if she was the one who broke up with you, I don't care that you are broken hearted about it and hate her. You where friends before she was your girlfriend, Does that not mean something to you? Does she not deserve at least that much respect? So no, YOU DON'T get to try to come in now and play night in shining armor."

With that, I hear Tiffany's footsteps jogging down the hallway towards us and she slides next to my side and opens the door while helping Denis support me.

"Thanks." I whisper, looking at her as she holds me up while Denis unlocks the car door.

"No problem." She smiles back and I lean my head on her shoulder while we slide into the back seat together and drive to the hospital.

After an hour, I have five stitches and some heavy drugs to some the head ache, the doctor also warned me not to sleep for the next 12 hours just in case of a concussion.

"You two hungry?" Denis asks, leaning down and kissing Tiffany's forehead.

"I could go for some food, what about you?" She turns to me.

"I'm good, all drugged up." I tease. "You guys go, I can ride the bus back and walk home."

"No way, I'll drive you home. Then my lover and me can eat." Denis says giving me a genuine smile, even though he is a really quite guy; he is such a sweet heart and he really treasures my best friend. Which means, who ever is important to her, is important to him.

"Thanks Denis."

"No problem, scar." He teases and Tiffany and myself laugh.