7. Party Animal

"You really want to go to this?" Denis asks as we drive to the party.

"Of course! It will be fun. Right Riley?" Tiffany cheers from the passenger seat.

"Yeah." I say, clearly not excited.

I wasn't going to go, but Tiffany got invite at school and told me that I was going with her and Denis. So here I am, dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans, a low neck tank top that Tiffany made me wear and some bright red high heels.

Denis looks at me in the review mirror and mouths the word "sorry" and I mouth back, "Dito."

He has also never been a party person and would much rather be somewhere with less people and only a few close friends, but he is faded to one of the biggest party animals there is in our school. Now when I say that, I don't mean that she is the crazy party animal, no Tiffany is the kind of person who will through the biggest parties where people still talk about them today.

She has always been good with people and what they want without having it get out of hand, maybe that's why she wants to be a professional party planner when she gets out of high school, I smile just thinking about it. Her dressed up and throwing the grandest parties for famous people up in Hollywood.

When we pull up to the party, let me tell you. There is no organization or rules what so ever. There are groups of boys out on the lawn completely wasted, girls stumbling in and out of the front door and the music could be heard from down the street.

It is complete chaos.

"Umm, maybe we should just go to McDonald's and then home. That would be a good party." I say looking out the window shield between the driver and passenger seat.

"No way! Let's just go in and look around, if it's a flop than we can go." Tiffany says as she exits the car and I sign.

"Don't let me lose her in there." Denis says, still looking at the house with wide eyes, he also didn't seem to be talking to me, but it was like a plea to whatever higher power is out there.

I hold in a laugh and follow them up to the house, when we get through the front door. The living room, what I am guessing is the living room is packed with people who are dancing to blasting music. The low light and flashing pink and blue lights only lets you get glimpses of the faces in front of you.

We weave our way through the crowd into the kitchen, Tiffany gets some type of blue liquor, while I go to the fridge and grab a can of lemonade. First rule of drinking at a party is you don't get what is open and out for anyone to spick.

Denis doesn't get anything and puts his hand on Tiffany's hip as we follow her into another room. A new song comes on and Tiffany cheers, while grabbing Denis's hand and pulling him into the dancing crowd.

I watch as they dance from the wall and smile; if only things could be as simple for me as it is for them. They met in freshman year, Denis was a new student and at the time Tiffany was appointed to show new students around. Since then, they have been together and for more times than not, happy.

"Hey!" A guy steps in front of me and slurs.

"Um, hi." I say not really sure what to say to him.

"Want to get out of here with me?" He smiles at me and by the glazed look in his eyes. He is beyond wasted.

"No thanks." I smile and push passed him, walking into the crowd to lose him.

Getting bumped around, I get to the other wall and for a minute I feel like my eyes are playing a trick on me. Because Gregory is sitting on a couch with a girl on his lap, her lips on his neck.

Standing there frozen, until he looks up and I see his eyes widen. Quickly, I walk back into the crowd and try to find some place to figure out if that was real or not. I don't care that he was with another girl, I just didn't know what else to do.

I take long gulps of my drink as I get to a less crowded spot in the corner of the room.

When I look up at the crowd, they are all blurred and doubled, the music playing in slow motion now.

Who changed the song? I wonder as I slump back against the wall, but instead I'm met with a warm chest. Looking up, it's a tall guy with a sideway smile, "oh, excuse me." I slur and push away from his chest.

"No worries," he grabs my wrist and starts to pull me through the crowd, but I can't even process what is happening to me.

"N-no." I say as loud as I can, but it comes out as a whisper.

"Hey, what do you think your doing?!" I turn to see Gregory, is he talking to me?

My head spins as I stand in between the two boys, but someone grabs my other wrist and yanks it hard. I fall against the person and then I'm being carried somewhere.

"Who are you?" I say, trying to get out of their hold.

I feel the cool breeze from outside and my back against the grass. I try screaming, but nothing comes out. Putting my hands up, I try to knock the persons hands away. Then in a blur the guy is ripped off of me and I lay there dazed.

I hear yelling and the sound of someone getting punched. Then warm hands touch my cheek, before lifting me up off the cold grass and carrying me somewhere else.