"Okay, fine! Stop! God." I take a deep breath and groan. "We have thirty minutes before I have to be at the office."

Jack beams next to me and I shut my eyes as I give the driver the directions to the coffeehouse.

God, this is crazy. I mean, since when are cupids real?

"Since always actually. We just prefer to keep that a secret." He answers my unspoken question and I glare at him.

"Turn it off. Now." I order. He smiles sheepishly and nods his head.

"If cupids are real then why have I never met any before?" I'm trying to wrap my mind around this, I truly am.

"Because I am your cupid. Your only one." He claims.

"Wait, does that mean that you're the one who set me up with those jerks of boyfriends I had before?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Well, yes. But, in my defence, it's our orders. You see, I got a list of names when I got assigned to you. I kind of had to put you in all those guys' directions and then I had wait for you to get done with them. Then the big deed came, the official job, after which I can finally retire, and that is looking for your husband. However, in some cases we sometimes get another call and a new name gets added to the list and we are back on track. Only then it doesn't affect our real lives at all." He explains and I blink stupidly at him.

"So you set me up with someone you knew I wasn't going to end up with?" I frown.

"Yes." He nods. "You had to have those experiences to become the person you are now, who's perfect for your husband."

"Huh. Still, that doesn't explain why no one has ever met a cupid before. At least, nobody I know." Which doesn't say much, because like I've mentioned before, I know no one.

"Well, it's kind of really, really frowned upon to tell our secret. However, it's still not totally forbidden. And in my case, I had to tell you because I do need your help. Desperately." He adds with a wince.

"To marry me to my husband so you can marry your fiancé." I finish and Jack nods in agreement. I ignore the driver's hysterical stares through the rearview mirror and give him three winks in a row. He already thinks we're insane, so what the hell.

"But why didn't any other cupids appear to their... you know, us?" I interrogate further, trying my hardest to understand this insanity.

"Well..." He rubs the back of his head. "Everyone kind of does the job on their own. They don't usually need help."

"And you suck at your job. Right, I still remember that." I tease, earning myself a glare that I giggle at.

"Sir? Ma'am? We're here." The driver announces with so much relief that I feel sorry for the guy.

"Thanks." I refuse to let Jack pay, because I might be broke but still stubborn, and we finally walk inside the coffeehouse. After breathing in the sweet scent of freshly brewed coffe, I get my lattee and muffin and head to an empty table.

"So, assuming that you're telling the truth..." I say once we're seated.

"Which I am." Jack smiles from his seat.

"How are we gonna find Daniel anyway?" I ask the important question. Because let's get one thing straight, I'm a single, hormonal, twenty three year old virgin.

"Well, I'm sure it will be easy now. Me being here with you sends something like a message to his cupid. Think of it as a location tracker or something. The other cupid gets this kind of signal that I've been in contact with you, and that somehow helps the two of us lead you closer together."