Chapter 36

Namjoon looked at Taehyung, he looked happy his face flushed his lips cherry red. Was he wearing makeup? He couldn't tell, Taehyung didn't need it though he was naturally beautiful.

"Hey" Taehyung mummered and Namjoon smiled at him, they both knew this was coming.

Jin watched them, wondering what do you do with a broken heart? He couldn't drag his eyes away from them, and it was just getting worse. He had better things to do, but he watched them. He couldn't hear them, but he watched them.

Taehyung and Namjoom both opened they're mouth to talk, Namjoon smiled at Taehyung and they both laughed it off. "Go ahead" Namjoon softly mummered.

And Taehyung slowly nodded his head, here goes nothing he thought.

"We were never meant to be, we never would be. We both know that, Namjooon but I want you to know it doesn't matter where we take this road, you will always have a special part of my heart. And I want to know you couldn't have loved me better, but you need to move on. It started with the perfect kiss, but Joon perfect couldn't keep this love alive. Just know that I love you so much, I love you enough to let you go. I want you to move on, I have. Remember all the memories, all the time we spent together. Someone's gotta go, and I will, and you should too. We were always meant to say goodbye, please just move on from me. You always deserved better than me anyways, someone who could love you with their whole heart. You deserve that person, and I just couldn't be that person for you. I hope you find someone, Joon. I truly hope you do, and just tell me if they hurt you. I'll kick their ass" Taehyung said, his voice light. Namjoon slowly nodded, he understood.

"I-I understand, it was screwed from the beginning anyways, but I thank you Tae. You made me happy, and you helped me through so much, I loved loving you. But like you said, we need to move on. And I'm ready to let go, I'm ready. I-I also forgive you, f-for cheating on me. I-I don't know exactly what w-was going on in you're mind. But I u-understand I wasn't making you happy, and you weren't making me happy either. It just wasn't working, we tried to make it.  But we can't, we're just not meant to be together. I-I hope you and J-Jungkook will be happy together. You deserve someone like him." 

Namjoon said, tears blossoming onto his and Taehyungs eye's they leaned forward and hugged each other. "You will always have a place in my heart" Taehyung softly said, and Namjoon nodded. It was time for new beginnings, he felt freeer in a sense after that.

But he didn't have to leave his past behind did he? "Friends?" He asked and Tahyung happily smiled, "I would like that."

And so they were friends, that's all they would ever be. It was just the way it was meant to be, friends from childhood, friends till the end.