Chapter 14

"I-yeah I guess, not really though" Jin softly replied.

Namjoon looked at him confused, he felt he was kind of being salty. It wasn't that he wanted to be popular, he just wanted some friends. Friends that he could trust, friends that would never leave his side.

And he had them, he had Jimin and Taehyung. They were irreplaceable to him, but he clearly wasn't for them. The moment they could, they had left his sides. Not just one but both of them.

Jimin had left him just so he could have a taste of popularity. And once he had it, there was no going back for him. He loved it, the feeling, the adrenaline. How he had so many friends. So many girls and boys alike after him. So many people who admired him.

It was addicting, and he never wanted to go back. Not even for the friends he'd known since childhood. It had hurt Namjoon severely, he'd wished as selfish as it waa that Jimin would become unhappy and come back to them.

But of course not, he was happy. The happiest Namjoon had ever seen him, with his hot boyfriend Yoongi and all his new friends. He seemed genuinely happy, happier that he had been with Namjoon and Taehyung.

So Namjoon let him be, if his friend was happy he could be happy for him. He had Taehyung anyways.

But then he lost him to Jungkook, it wasn't necessarily he had ditched Namjoon. It was just that, after that night Namjoon refused to talk to him.

Taehyung tried and tried but like everyone he quit and joined them. Jungkook had somewhat forgiven him anyways. Taehyung had gotten to know the others from that group when he had kind of been with Jungkook.

And he had Jimin now, Jimin who let him in. Jimin who greeted him with a smile. Jimin who had ditched them once. Jimin who he had known since childhood.

Jimin one of his best friends. Jimin the one who was like a brother to Taehyung. The friend he had almost let get away. But in the end the three friends split.

The two left him for the "popular ones." And the one who stayed behind, all alone. Everyday he would eat lunch by himself.

Read a book, ingross himself into another book. He couldn't handle his own life at the moment, so he'd rather read a book about someone else's.

And so he was alone, lonely. It wasn't a nice feeling. The loneliness made his heart bitter, cold.

He was quiet at others and really didn't say much so they wouldn't bother him. He was quick to hide behind his book.

He was alone, they'd left him alone. Just so they would be with the "popular crew."

So excuse him for being a bit salty.