Capítulo Once

A/n: 'Ariadne' is pronounced 'Ari-anne'. Enjoy.

Chapter 11

Obviously, Arsen's loyal bodyguard had to follow us.

I'm pretty sure he'd follow Arsen to Disneyland if he had to, because of the "trouble" there. But knowing Arsen, I'm quite sure there'd be trouble anywhere he goes.

Including Disneyland.

Once we reach the house, though, his bodyguard, Sarge, parks a few cars away from us and stays there. Which is a relief, because he would not suit a partying atmosphere. Trust me on that.

He's a fricking muscle man.

"This place is huge," I breathe, getting out of Arsen's Jaguar and looking towards the house.

It is huge. Unlike Arsen's house, which is a cozy mansion, this house is sharp. And enormous. It's like a terraced home, except, it's all supposed to be one, making it look like a palace.

And the water fountain in the middle of the circular driveway is just an addition to the house that seems to be screaming 'I'm rich as fuck!'.

I wonder who's house this is.

"Shanaya Longwood's," Arsen says as if reading my mind.

Or I could've said it out loud, knowing my history with thoughts.

After I don't budge and stare at the house for a while, Arsen grabs my hand and pulls me towards the huge double doors, which I'm assuming are the front ones since there are way more doors than I could count.

So, it's Shanaya's house.

Of course, it is!

All rich girls live in a house that's not a house. She's probably got another four homes in fifty different countries.

I'm assuming she's them wicked, green-eyed-mean-girl-monster-thing whatchamacallits.

Surely every school has to have a mean girl, whether she's pretty, or not, whether it's you, your sister, your cousin, your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman, or not.

"I'm so not looking forward to this," I grumble, making Arsen arch his eyebrow.

"Neither am I," He mutters, glaring at the house with his fire-coloured eyes so hard I'm almost concerned for the house.

His eyes are legitimately glowing in the dark. It's freakishly beautiful.

"I'm so looking forward to this!" Ameena squeals, literally coming out of nowhere.

She grabs my arm, pulling me forward, which causes Arsen to jerk forward since he was still holding my hand, and he comes crashing into me, causing me to shriek and topple over, and almost fall to the ground.

But Arsen's quick, and with a snap, he's grabbed onto my waist so fast that my back bumps into his front, automatically pulling me close.

"Watch out, Ameena," Arsen growls from behind me, his body rumbling against mine.

Ameena throws a sorry smile and a wink over at us and then turns to rush towards the house. I wonder if she did it by purpose.

"She's such an idiot," I hiss, narrowing my eyes at her retreating body.

"That's why I regret letting her join us. Now stop wasting time," And with that, he steps out from behind me and with one last nudge, strides towards the house in his long, confident steps.

God dang it, his arms were warm.

I definitely, under no circumstances, at all, did not miss his touch. At all!