76

It seemed such a good idea at the time, it really had. Now Cody and Gianna sat in the middle of their empty living room with their puppy staring right back at them. Cody was sure their new pet was just thinking and cursing God for letting such incompetent couple look after it for the rest of its life, "And we're supposed to be parents soon?" He muttered as his eyes drifted to Gianna's ever growing belly and the pup. One thing was for sure that growing up with pets in the house was one thing and it was a complete different thing being the sole provider of one was a whole different ballgame.

Gianna sighed. It had been such a good idea when they had gone into to get Baloo but then responsibilities started to add up as they went out and about buying all these things and setting up vet appointments, "If you would've used protection." Gianna retorted mockingly as Cody continued to look at their dog with curious eyes, his eyes only drifting to glare at her slightly, "Samp will be here in four months, just let that sink in, my good sir."

Cody felt the air knock out of his body as he felt those words actually sink in. They had both been so over the moon about being parents that all of sudden they were feeling the pressure. Maybe they had moved too fast? Maybe they should've waited to get settled into their new house before getting a pet- yet there was Baloo cuddled up in his bed, "Do you think we moved too fast?" She asked, his head had found a place in her lap as he looked up her.

No. He could truthfully answer her. Everyone around them knew they would be amazing parents. Everyone around them rooted for them to get married. And all Cody knew was he wanted to move too fast with Gianna by his side, "Nah," he shook his head looking over at their puppy, then at her swollen belly and finally at her soft features, "I'll just have to hurry up and learn how change a diaper sooner rather than later."

5h

gigigallegos just shared a post!

Liked by kelseywilliamspederson, daniellagallegosv and 768,672 others

gigigallegos Must be some sort of hormones or some but I just feel extra appreciative of you today baby daddy ❤️