Chapter 19: The Final Answer

Chapter 19

The Final Answer

"SAMANTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed at the top of lungs. Arms wrapped around my shoulders soothing me.

"Calm down, baby," the voice calmly cooed. I immediately recognized it.

"Mom!" I began to sob uncontrollably. "It was -I saw -No!" I couldn't utter a single word right. My throat burned, my whole body shook. Everything came back to me like a smack in the head. I saw the body -Sami! I remembered everything.

My mother gently rocked us back and forth as she shushed gently. "It's okay. I'm here," she chanted as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Mo -mom it was awful," I cried.

"I know, honey." I held on to her tightly. Wishing for her not to let me go. It was awful, seeing your best friend decapitated before your eyes. I cried louder when I finally realized everything. Sami, my best friend, my sister was dead and was not coming back to life. Ever...

My mother simply rocked me in her safe arms for a while, not saying anything. I more I remembered the more I held on tightly. It seems like eternal. I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't bear the pain I felt. It was consuming me, killing me from within.

After some time my mother slid her arms off of me. I didn't want her to let go of me. I held on her shirt tighter. Her hands stayed locked at my shoulders, while I looked down, sobbing.

"Honey," she smoothly said, like a teacher talking to a kindergarten child who was barely learning how to talk. "I know how it feels to lose someone you loved and adored... I felt the same way when your father died." Her face fell when she mentioned my father. She placed her hand underneath my chin and slowly lifted my head up so I could look at her. My blurry eyes met hers. "You have to be strong. I know at first it may not be easy, but with time it will slightly ease the pain away."

"But, mom," I sobbed. "She was my sister!" I dropped my head as I let go of her shirt and placed them both on my wet face.

"It will be okay," she cooed. "I'll be here." She wrapped her arms around my back, again, giving me a tight hug. I let go of my face and rapidly wrapped my arms around her back accepting the hug. She placed a hand behind my head. "It's okay."

We stood like that for a long time until she broke off the embrace. She placed both hands on each side of my face and softly kissed my forehead.

"Everything will be okay," she repeated. Her eyes were calming and understanding. She stood up and went towards the door. She swung it open for her to exit, but hesitated. She turned around to look at me with concern eyes. Wondering if leaving me alone is the best or not.

Tears continued to roll down. She smiled kindly as she tore her eyes away from me and exited my room. The door closed behind her.

I was alone. I pulled my knees towards my chest as I wrapped my arms around them. I placed my chin on top of my knees as I continued to cry loudly. The pain I felt I couldn't describe it in a sentence, only words. Loneliness, sad, angry, useless, hurt and most of all hate. Hate for that bastard who killed her. My hands rolled into tight fists as I banged my sides. Once, twice and then I kept banging furiously.

I screamed in rage. I couldn't take I pain I felt inside my chest, piercing me to no extend, hurting, killing me. Two boyfriends who I loved deeply died and then my best friend.

"Sami," I whispered her name. Just then the door opened slightly. I didn't care who it was.

"Nikki?"

"Go away," I replied in a hoarse tone as I stared straight ahead. "I don't want you in here."

Hands were placed on top of my balled fists. They tried to open my hands, but I snapped them away. All of the sudden I was pulled into a tight hug. I tried to break free, but it felt like I was fighting metal. I stopped, wishing to be released.