"It was complicated," He answers bluntly, finally looking at me, but not my eyes.

"How can it be complicated? She loved you, you loved her, simple." I tell him, raising an eyebrow.

His face expression doesn't change, but his eyebrows lift slightly.

"Xanthe, you've--" I ignore him.

"I mean, think about it, Xena was an amazing person, so obviously you would have had to--"

"Xanthe, listen to--"

"--love her, and if that was the case, then you were obviously in a relationship, so--"

"XANTHE, it was ONE-SIDED!" Arsen booms, glaring at me.

I stop ignoring him, jumping a little at his loud voice.

"W-what?" I ask. He runs a hand through his hair in a very hot way.

"I wasn't in love with her, Xanthe, I've told you before. She was. I was just feeling things, there's a huge difference," He growls.

I stare at him for a while.

"So...you didn't love her," I ask, although it comes out as more of a statement than a question.

He nods slightly, and I exhale deeply.

Of course, he didn't love her. The stone-cold Arsen Reed who gives no emotions and is super intimidating?! Yeah, I don't think so.

He wouldn't be able to love anyone.

"Did she know?" I ask a little quietly.

He looks at me then, properly. And his fiery amber eyes that are usually blazing with an unknown fire, are now dull and dark as if he's not used to talking about this subject.

Almost as if he's...blank.

Which, honestly, isn't unusual at all. But a bit freaky.

"She knew, Xanthe," He tells me darkly, his voice sending shivers down my spine. I gulp.

Do I feel relieved?

No, definitely no.

I think.

Maybe I do...

"I'm going to eat," He mutters, before opening the door he was leaning against and walking out.

I sit there for a second, analyzing what just happened.

Him telling me that he didn't exactly love Xena isn't going to answer any of my questions except the fact that he's stone-cold and has no feelings, therefore will never love a girl, marry her and produce offsprings.

Great, I'm so wise.

Damnit, why am I getting angry?

Maybe you're just jealous...

Oh shut up, what would I be jealous of?

I think I need some food in me as well.

I decide to get up and walk towards the door.

Once I'm out, I walk over to the stairs, but at the same time, someone comes barging out of the bathroom, almost knocking me over.

Almost.

I'm just about to fall down the stairs when the person's arms shoot out and grab my waist. I look up to see who it is when I forget to breathe for a second.

It's Don. And not just that, but it's Don...semi-naked.

Oh my God, okay, Xanny, do not panic! Just a really hot guy with an amazing body and perfect muscles and a six-pack that could--