Chapter Thirty Seven

Around midnight everybody left. Kai slept mostly through everything.

I put all the food away and cleaned up the living room. Tommy was saying goodnight to the kids. I finished putting everything up and I went to say goodnight to my babies.

I went to the kids room and they was all sleep.

"Goodnight y'all". I whispered into the room.

I went to Kai room and Tommy was changing her.

"You such a good Daddy". I smiled at him.

"I try, I try". He chuckled.

He kissed her forehead and then took my hand and lead me to our room.

"How you feel bout the new addition babe?". He asked.

"It's just so crazy like, one minute I wasn't pregnant and then bam here she is like I just love her so much". I cooed.

"You know your eyes light up when you talk about her". He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I just love her so much". I shrugged.

He kissed my forehead.

"Ay I'on know if you peeped but Asia was looking a lil suspect today". He spoke from his closet.

"I seen her. But I honestly don't know. After that whole ordeal I just don't know where our friendship lies". I rolled my eyes.

"What ordeal?". He came out the closet with his basketball shorts on.

Damn! I didn't tell him about the shit Asia did.

"Uhm-don't worry about it". I tried to steer him away from the conversation.

I know Tommy seems like a nice guy and all. But if you come at him or his family disrespectful, all hell will break loose.

"Why won't chu just tell me? It ain't like I'mma beat the girl up or some shit". He sat next to me.

"I know. But chu a lil scary when you mad so we just gon leave it alone". I grabbed his hand.

"Neecey, just tell me what happened". He took his hand back.

"Fine. When you was locked up, she tried to set me up on a blind date. She told me to meet her somewhere and I went and a guy was there. I left and confronted her. She said that chu was a loser and that I should leave you because you would be selfish if you expected me to wait. So I cut her off. Then she came back and apologized and then you got out and I don't know. I just don't wanna be friends but I wanna be cordial and Mani invited her today". I explained.

I looked at him. I could see the anger on his face.

"What are you thinking?". I asked.

He just stayed silent.

"Can you talk to me please?". I leaned forward so I could see his face.

He was thinking. His eyes move back and forth when he's thinking.

"I didn't stay when I found the guy there. He told me what was going on and I immediately left". I answered the question I knew he was thinking about.

He was still quiet.

I just sat there. Trying to think about what he was thinking.

"I ain't mad". Was all he said.

"Then what is you thinking?". I asked.

"I just wanna know what would make Asia say that. Like, how can she that when she was the main one that claimed to be happy for you when we first got together. You know she even came to see me when I was in there". He revealed.