Chapter Thirty Five

Neecey POV

It was now 3 in the afternoon and I was just waiting. Drea took the kids for the weekend, which is good cause I need a break. Rashad does help here and there but I understand he has to live his life too. But today is my due date and I'm beyond scared. Tommy is making it a lil better but I'm just too afraid.

I know I'll be a good mother considering I raised my siblings by myself until Tommy came, but a baby of my own?  That's crazy.

If you would've told me seven years ago I would've been pregnant with Tommy's baby, I would've laughed in yo face. But my princess is actually coming.

"Hey baby girl you good?". Tommy came into our bedroom.

"I'm scared babe". I told him truthfully.

"Stop worrying you gon be fine. I'mma be there every step of the way". He smiled.

"I know that but this is our first baby. And I know because she a baby we gon need to give her our undivided attention. And I just don't want the kids to feel like they not part of our family. Because they are". I explained.

"And we'll have that talk wit them when they come back. But for now just stop worrying and come watch TV wit me". He helped me out the bed.

We walked downstairs and I heard the tv on.

"What chu watching?". I asked him.

I walked in the living and he was watching The Good Doctor.

"Yaaas this is my show". I sat on the couch.

*
Once we were done watching, the kids came home.

"Hey y'all did y'all have fun?". I asked them.

"Yeah. She took us to the beach, and to the movies, and out to eat". Jayla listed.

"Oh it sound like y'all had a lit weekend. But everybody come in here we wanna talk to y'all". I called to them.

The kids came and sat on the couches. I paused the tv.

"Ok so I know, y'all really haven't told us how y'all feel about us having a baby. Like we've really been busy with trying to make sure the baby is ok and all that and we really haven't taken y'all anywhere or had time for y'all and we want to apologize for that. But like once Kai gets here, we are going to be taking care of her and I just don't want y'all to feel like y'all aren't part of this family anymore. We love all of y'all, and you know we love like y'all are our own kids. Which in a sense you are. So tell us how y'all feel about Kai almost being here and all that?".

"Am I still gonna be your baby?". DJ came up to me.

"Aww Dj, you gon always be my lil baby". I kissed he cheek and he smiled.

"Are you still gonna play dolls with me?". Maya asked.

"Of course Maya. And when Kai is old enough she can play too". I answered.

"When this baby gets here am I getting kicked out?". Rashad asked.

"Man we would never kick you out. You can leave when you ready". Tommy answered.

"Ayyy I ain't getting shipped out". Rashad skipped away making us laugh.

Then left Jayla.

"What's wrong Jayla?". I asked.

"When Kai gets here, am I still gonna be your baby girl?". Jayla asked.

I remember back in the day, me and Jayla had a special bond. I don't know why. We just instantly clicked.