Chapter Twelve

Drea POV

So I woke up and Neecey was calling my phone which was really interesting to me because she would usually ignore me for a couple days when she was mad at me.

"Hello?". I yawned.

"Meet me at the IHOP down the street from yo house". She demanded.

I was bout to decline when she hung up. What the fuck?

I got up and took a shower. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I flat ironed my hair and put on my clothes. I added some lip gloss and grabbed my purse.

I locked up my house which I just bought with my first milly. Yaas y'all I just made a milly off this lil top boss job and its crazy. My friends, Cassie and Sky tryna figure out where all this money coming from but I'on know if I should tell them yet.

I got in my car and drove down the street.

I parked and walked in and seen Neecey sitting in a booth.

"Hey sus". I greeted her grabbing a menu.

"Hey. I ain't know if you had class today so I just hoped you wouldn't so we could talk". She smiled.

"Neecey I'm pretty sure Tommy told you. I didn't get in. And I forged that acceptance letter because I didn't want you to be disappointed". I told the truth.

"And you think taking the job as top boss of the Kingpins would impress me more than you getting into any college?". She frowned.

"No. I actually did what I had to do. I didn't see any plan B but this one. And this is the only thing that worked for me. Do you know while all my friends are either drowning in assignments or study material or student loans, I just made my first milly yesterday?". I smiled.

"Drea I just don't want you getting hurt or put in prison. Did any of that occur to you?". Neecey really did look concerned.

"It did. And I got that handled". I reassured her.

"Fine Drea. But if you get yourself into some mess I'm not getting you out". She warned me.

"I can get myself out of anything. You should know that by now". I smirked.

She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes at me.

"I love you". I smiled.

"I love you too. And next time you don't tell me the truth I'mma beat cho ass". She threatened.

"I'm grown you can't beat me no mo". I scrunched my nose up.

"Ok keep playing and see". She chuckled.

We ordered some food. I ordered a stack of pancakes  and she ordered pancakes, hash browns, and bacon.

"So anything new that happened while I been gon?". I asked sipping my orange juice.

"Sooo I don't think I had the chance to tell you,  Momma is back and she wants custody of Rashad and them and she even threatened to take me to court". She said making my jaw drop.

"And what did Rashad say?". I frowned.

"He basically said she was gonna have to kill him to take him back to the projects because I bet that's exactly where she still living". She shrugged.

"Wow. I'm so glad I turned eighteen when I did". I shook my head.

Momma got some nerve tryna walk in like she ain't been drinking and doing drugs and everything else. No sis, we caught chu.

"I mean what did she expect after basically abandoning us and just forcing you to taking care of us for six years I mean damn. And les not forget the year before we spent wit Serena. I still don't know if she ever stopped having kids shit she should be in her thrities by now". I smirked.

"You is a messy lil child". Neecey busted out laughing.

Our food came and we started eating.

"I ain't gon lie tho, Momma better come correct because she not gon get custody living in the projects and on welfare while you over here big bank wit a big house in LA". I stated.

"That's between ha and whatever lawyer she got". She shrugged.

We finished eating and I paid for both of our meals.

"Aww look at chu big balling and shit. Don't let it go to your head". Neecey hugged me causing both of us to laugh.

I waved and she waved.

I'm so glad me and Neecey back on good terms because she did raise me and she sorta like a mother figure to me. And disappointing her is the last thing I wanted to do. But at least she forgave me.

Before I could drive off I got a call from an unknown number.

"Oh fuck no". I slid the red phone up.

I seen this shit too many times. An unknown number call, the bitch answer, and they either get threatened or some shit pop off, nope not today Satan.

I was driving again when the unknown number called again.

I just turned my ringer off.

They called again and this shit was getting mad annoying so I answered the phone.

"Hello?". I answered.

"Drea, it's me A-K. I got locked up". He sounded panicked.

"Nigga whet. Ok, where you at?". I rolled my eyes.

"I'm at a police station in West Valley". He said.

"What the fuck you even doing over there?". I frowned.

"Please just come bail me out". He begged.

"Fine. Shit how much is yo bail?". I answered making a U-turn to the house.

"Six-thousand". He answered.

"Bitch damn. What the fuck did you do?!". I yelled.

I got to the house and pulled out a stack of one-hundred dollar bills.

"Ok I'm coming". I sighed.

Yo for a nigga that ain't mine he sure is costing me a lot.