For the first time in a long time, she and Avery went out on Friday night. Jen desperately needed a night out. She still felt a pang remembering how they were once a group of three with Sterling, but she didn't know that Sterling anymore even the one that had been her friend.

Avery chose a hip, popular bar and like always she knew someone so they didn't need to wait in line. They definitely turned heads when the two of them walked in. They bought their first round and then drinks appeared in front of them all night. They spoke with friends and Jen saw some clients who liked to tell her how much they loved the work she did for them.

She was talking to a client, when Avery disappeared. She found her surrounded by five men in suits. They looked about Jen's age. Avery was a couple years older.

"Here she is! Jen come and meet my new friends!"

Jen could tell Avery was drunk and she would have to make sure Avery didn't take off with one of her new friends. Jen was not as drunk, but was definitely feeling a buzz.

All the men waved at Jen, except one who just stared at her. Finally, he said, "We've talked to each other before."

"Have we?" she wondered where, but thought he was cute and large for a guy in a suit like...

"We discussed the appeal of a certain sculpture." He smiled.

She looked at him closer. Similar eyes. "You're Tom?"

"How do you know each other?"

"She's working with my brother."

Avery was confused, but then she said, "You're from Maine?" Tom nodded and Avery said, "You two need to take a selfie and send it to him."

Jen protested, but finally relented thinking she'd get him for dismissing her so quickly. As they both posed cheek to cheek, she turned her head and kissed his cheek.

Avery yelled, "Send him that one!"

Tom smiled and sent it off. Then Avery said, "I want to be in one too! Jen take it."

Tom gave Jen his phone and as she went to take the picture, Avery kissed him on the lips. Apparently, they both liked it because they were really kissing. The way she dreamed of kissing Alex.

She had Tom's phone and Alex was texting him asking what the expletive was he doing?

She replied, he's busy and attached the picture of Avery kissing him.

What's going on?

She replied, don't know.

Will you get off his phone and look at yours?

Jen saw he had texted her, why are you with my brother? Why are you kissing him?

She replied, we just ran into each other. I kissed him for fun. He and Avery are. She took and sent another picture of them still kissing.

He responded, this happens in NY?

Sometimes. Not for me. I forgot how to be single.

You're not single

Technicality!

Are you drunk?

No. If I were you'd know.

How?

I wouldn't be able to text words.

You should go home. Goodnight.

Jen finally got Avery and Tom's attention and said, "I'm leaving."

Avery turned to Tom. "Walk us home."