Seeing their home

Not 5 minutes from Gu Brath they pulled up behind a work truck. Jess looked up at the house from her dreams.

"Oh Duncan it's wonderful.

"It's our new home."

"Oh I love it."

They got out and walked up to a man with a white hard hat. Duncan smiled.

"How's things Carl?"

"Great Sir. We're finishing insulation and electrical. The plumbing is finished. We should get the dry walling next week. All we need is your choices for lighting and fans."

"We'll get them today, as well as appliances."

"Good sir the kitchen is almost done."

"Ok me and Jess here will pick out appliances and cabinets today. As well as the flooring we would like."

"The kitchen is ready for the tops and sink. Here's all the measurements you wanted."

"Thanks."

"Oh the barn is finished sir but full. Because we've been threatening rain we have stuff in there."

"Good thinking. When will you like the flooring delivered?"

"Start of next week, end of next week for appliances. Bur we need the lights and fan's today."

"Okay." He slipped his arm around Jess. "Jess this is Carl Smithson head man of my construction company. Carl this is Jessica MacGregor she'll be living her with me."

Carl laughed. "That's wonderful but how will your fan club react."

Jess actually growled. "They'll have to learn he is taken."

Carl smiled at her. "True darling but Tia will try to steal him from you."

Duncan laughed. "Watch it Carl Leah will beat you."

Carl roared laughing. "She can't really do anything at the moment but grip and grip."

When Jess looked on quizzically Duncan answered. "Leah is Carl's wife and she's 7 months pregnant, and with their first baby I might add."

"Jess smiled at Carl. "Oh Congratulations!"

"Thank you."

Duncan took her around and introduced her to the men in his company. Jess noticed one man looking at her and more glaring. He watched as they left.

In the car Jess turned to Duncan.

"Hey Duncan who was that man painting?"

"Which one?"

"The young one with the scare on his neck."

"I don't know much he's new. What about him?"

"He was glaring at me and kind have looked like James."

"Don't worry nothing is gonna happen to you love."

"Alright."

They spent two hours looking at lighting and another three for appliances and flooring. After setting things up to be delievered Duncan drove them back to Gu Brath.

As they walked in hand and hand they saw Matt, Robbie and their families in the living room.

Robbie smiled. "Hey guys."

Duncan sat in a recliner and took Jess's hand so she sat on his lap. As leaned back against him. Duncan wrapped his arms around her.

Grace smiled at the picture they made.

"So you guys see the house?"

Duncan smiled as Jess snuggled closer. "Yeah we want shopping afterward for lighting, flooring and appliances. Though I left Jess in charge of the kitchen."

Grace smiled. "As much as she love cooking good idea."

Jess smiled as she settled her hand on her stomach. "As lady of the housr I will be in the kitchen a lot am I right Grace."

"That you are."

Duncan laughed and gently kissed Jess on the ear. Grey and Grace smiled at each other as they watched Jess fall asleep in Duncan's arms and Duncan himself slip into a gentle sleep.