Nightmare

After telling everyone good night he went and changed. Pulling off his jeans and shirt and boxers he pulled on his comfortable pajama bottoms and went to bed after checking in on Jess. He felt as if he had just fallen asleep when he was awoken. He didn't know what woke him up but that question was soon answered. He heard crying coming from Jessica's room.

Throwing back his covers he went to her room. Opening her door he saw she was still asleep. He heard her whimper in her sleep and he walked in and sat on the side of the bed.

"Jessica" He gently shook her. "Wake up."

Jess fought her way through the nightmare. She couldn't get away from the bear no matter how fast she ran. She kept yelling help me, but no one came.

Then she heard Duncan's voice she ran toward the voice and felt the bears' claws come across her back and she shot up in bed nearly missing head butting Duncan.

Duncan placed a hand on her cheek and looked deep in her eyes. "Everything is okay lass."

Jess wasn't really listening she was just happy she was out of that nightmare. Without thinking she wrapped her arms around Duncan's neck and held on for dear life.

Duncan was surprised when she held on to him. But then again after what she went through today he should have known she would have nightmares. He wrapped his arms around her and held her rocking while she cried. He hate seeing a woman cry and this one did something to his heart that he couldn't explain.

Jess cried for about ten minutes. As she pulled away Duncan took his shirt that she wore and wiped her eyes. "Better?"

"Yeah thanks. I'm sorry for crying on you."

Duncan smiled. "That's okay. That is something a shoulder if good for."

She couldn't help but laugh. But as she looked up she saw she was only an inch away from his face. Duncan's smiled slowly fell from his face and replaced with a look of pure hunger and passion.

Duncan leant in a little giving her time to pull away. He knew it was wrong to kiss her now but he couldn't think of anything else. Ever since this afternoon in the barn he has wanted to kiss her. She didn't pull away. Jess wanted the kiss as much as he did.

When Duncan touched his lips to hers Jess closed her eyes enjoying the soft friction. But it didn't stay safe for long. Both Duncan and Jess turned up the heat in the kiss and Duncan all but devoured her. He gently lowered her back down and laid half on top of her still kissing her.

With his finger toying with her hair he pulled back to look at her. "You are one special woman Jess."

She smiled. "Funny I told Fiona that today."

"You did?"

"Yeah."

With a deep breathe Duncan sat up. "You should rest lass."

He got up to leave but when he reached the door she stopped him.

"Duncan don't go."

He looked back at her. "Why lass?"

"I'm scared to be alone tonight."

"Nothing will harm you I promise."

Jess looked up at him and he saw the fear in them. "Could you please stay with me tonight."

He knew that the nightmare had scared her pretty badly and she didn't want to be alone. With another deep breath he closed the door and walked back to her.

Jess scooted over as Duncan slid under the covers with her. When he settled down he put and arm around her shoulder and pulled her to his side. Jess laid her head on Duncan's shoulder and let her arm drape over his waist.

Duncan let his hand curl around her waist.

"Thanks Duncan."

He felt her snuggle closer and he smiled. "There you go lass. Everything is okay."

Snuggled together they both fell into a warm sleep.

Grey was the first to awake the next morning. As he walked out of the bathroom Grace smiled up at him.

"Morning husband."

"Morning wife." Grey gave Grace a quick kiss. She smiled up at him.

"I'll head down and start on breakfast. Can you get Duncan and check on Jessica please."

"Of course, love"

While Grace heading down to the large kitchen Grey walked through the halls over to the other side of his home. He opened Duncan's door first. He frowned when he saw Duncan wasn't there. Then he had a sudden thought. With a smile he opened Jessica's door and let his smile hick up to full blown.

Duncan laid in Jess's bed his back to the door. Grey was about to close the door when Duncan steered. He turned on his side an arm behind his head. As if by gravity Jess moved as well turned over to rest her head on chest! Her hand coming to rest on his chest. Her other hand found Duncan's and twined their fingers, resting their hands on her side.

Grey closed the door and walked downstairs and when he saw Grace he told her what he had seen upstairs.