Chapter Eight: Andy and A New Friend

Start from the beginning

“Uhm Andy… where are we going?”

“We’re gonna go meet my family. It’s a family reunion and I don’t want to have to go alone.”

“This is gonna be terribly awkward though!” I really couldn’t believe that he did this!

“No it won’t; just stick close to me and you’ll be fine.”

“Why didn’t you ask me first?”

“I knew that you’d say no.”

“Andy…”

We stopped at a red light and he gave me the puppy dog eyes, “Pwease?”

“Well I’m already in the car now.”

“Hey I’m sorry, it’s just that I didn’t want to go to this alone.”

“Do you not get along with your family or something?”

“They are kind of religious and well… I’m atheist.”

“Light is green.”

   Andy moved the car on and I sat there feeling in a bit of a foul mood. I wasn’t mad at him wanting me to go with him but I was mad about the way he went about it. He seemed to notice it as well because he made no more attempts at talking to me.

   It wasn’t too much longer that we pulled up to a house that looked nice. A lot of cars were parked out in front of it and people were pretty much everywhere. Sighing I took a moment to get my thoughts collected before I got out of the car.

   We walked closer when we moved up to the house and as soon as we stepped onto the lawn Andy put his arm over my shoulder and pulled me to his side. People looked at us like we were foreign and I began to feel a little bitter; why was it that people had to judge with their eyes? Andy rubbed my arm and then we made it inside.

   Wading through tons of people who gave us discouraging looks we finally found Andy’s parents. Making our way up to them I saw both of their eyes light up when they saw their son. They both seemed to be very nice; that was encouraging. “Andy I’m glad that you made it! Hello I’m Amy by the way.” His mother, Amy, said.

“Hey mom, dad, it’s good to see you too! This here is Senna.”

I gave a shy wave to them, “Hello…” I said.

“Oh she’s adorable Andy!” Amy gushed.

“Nice job son, she’s a cute one.” His dad added in.

Andy looked at his parents’ exasperatedly, “Mom, dad, really?”

I noticed that he didn’t correct them on the form of our relationship but I let it go for now.

“So Senna, what do you do?” Amy asked.

“I was in the process of getting in contact with one of my friends who is a model and I have an interview with a magazine in a couple of days.”

“Oh, that’s nice.”

“Thank you, I like your house it’s very lovely.”

“Oh well aren’t you the cutest thing ever. Our Andy is so lucky to have you!”

“Uhm… thanks.”

   At that moment Andy then said that he was going to give a tour of the house. Both of his parents bid a farewell to us and I sighed relieved. His parents were nice but I still was very awkward being around all of his family like this. He took my hand and led me through the people while introducing me to a few people on the way.

   He took me upstairs and then we came to his old room on the right. Going in there I noticed that his room was very much punkish. He turned back to me once he shut the door and grinned, “You like?” He asked. I nodded at him while looking around the space; yes, it was very much Andy.

   “Yeah I can definitely see that this was your room. Has your name all over it.” I replied while looking at some of the pictures on his wall. I noticed that there were many pictures of him and Chance when they were younger. However my lips curled into a smile when I noticed one certain picture; Chance used to tell me all about it. “So… Lightning Thunderstein was actually real. Guess I owe Chance ten bucks.”

   Looking back I noticed that a certain rock star was blushing up a storm as he walked over to inspect the picture. “Yeah, but it was fun.” He replied while rubbing the back of his neck. Giggling I then walked over and flopped onto his bed; it was really soft.

  Closing my eyes I felt myself beginning to relax when a disturbance was felt. Opening my eyes I found Fluffy over top of me with his hands on either side of my head; I wasn’t going anywhere. My gaze met his icy one and I saw an emotion that I hadn’t seen in a long time; love.  It didn’t make sense, we barely knew each other and yet… yet here he was staring at me like I used to stare at Taylor.

   He leaned forward and pressed his lips softly to mine. I had to say that he did know how to kiss; even if I wasn’t kissing back. After a few moments however I felt my resolve start to weaken. Just as I was about to kiss back that horrible day flashed into my mind and made me completely shut down.