The man tackled him and Ashton hit the ground so hard his vision blurred black before he blinked it away and stared up at the man.

"Don't play games with me, I know you're Michael. You owe me lots of money, and I'm going to get it back, one way or another." The man narrowed his eyes and raised the gun.

That was the last thing Ashton saw before the gun connected with his head and the black vision returned.

-

Ashton groaned and grabbed his head, trying to relieve the pain.

He blinked his eyes open and panicked when he couldn't see anything. He brought his hands to his face and felt a little relieved when he felt fabric tied around his eyes. At least he wasn't blind.

He felt around the back of it and started to undo the knot.

As he was untying it, he heard the sound of a door unlock and footsteps come down.

He stopped in fear, feeling like he was just caught in the act of doing something bad that he wasn't supposed to do. There was only the sound of his shaky breath to fill the dead silence between them.

The footsteps went behind him, and to Ashton's surprise, finished untying the blindfold. The person took it off and Ashton could finally see his surroundings.

He was in a basement of some sort. One window, but it was high up.

"Do you want some water?" The person behind him asked. Ashton was surprised. He tried turning around, but the guy placed his hands on Ashton's shoulders and kept him from turning around. "I said, do you want some water?"

"Uh...yeah, I guess. Th-thanks." Ashton said shakily.

"I apologize for the way you were brought here, I said I wanted you here alive and that was it. I didn't realize Mark would take it so literal. You must not have a very good first impression of me." The guy said as he pushed Ashton forward, up the stairs and out of the basement.

"Mark! Mark, you dense motherfucker! I said to bring Michael here, not kidnap him and scar him for life! I'm not paying for his therapy!" The guy shouted, sitting Ashton down in a chair in the kitchen.

Ashton sat, stunned. "Um...but, I'm not Michael..."

"Sorry what?" The guy asked, finally going in front of Ashton as he opened the fridge door. "Do you want water or pop? I'd offer you a beer but those are mine."

"Um, water is fine?"

"You sound unsure." The guy grinned, standing up to look at him. He had bright blue eyes, and was sexily biting his lip ring. His blonde hair was hidden under a snapback.

"Water is fine." Ashton said, a bit more sturdily. He rubbed the side of his head where the gun had hit him.

"Ice or no ice?" The guy asked.

"No ice." Ashton glanced to his right, where the front door was, just a few feet away. He slowly set his feet down on the floor, carefully standing up as quietly as he could.

The guy was filling up a cup with water, his back to Ashton.

Ashton took one step and the floor boards creaked. Ashton winced but decided to just run for it.

He took off before the guy could react.

He reached the door and threw it open.

Okay, he didn't. The guy coming in opened it and Ashton just crashed into him.

Ashton gasped when he realized it was the guy who had kidnapped him in the first place. "You!"

"Me!" The guy, Mark, mocked. He pulled Ashton up by his shirt and threw him over his shoulder, kicking the door shut behind him.