💜🌓Mystery of the Sea - Bakugou

LOLOLOLOL THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PUBLISHED FOR HALLOWEEN OOPS BUT ITS JULY HAHAHA

*****

"(Y/n)! We're still going to the beach right?" Asked your best friend since you two were children, Momo.

"Girl you know it!" You said with a wide smile. You double checked that you had everything in your bag to prepare you for the relaxing -yet fun- day ahead of you.

Momo could see you digging around in your bag, and she snickered.

"Don't worry if you're forgetting something. I most likely have it in my bag."

With that simple and probably unintended reassurance, you smiled and zipped your dark tan bag close before slinging it over your shoulder.

The ride to the beach wasn't a long one. You mentioned to Momo earlier in the day that you would be surprising her with a beach you found; a pocket beach to be more exact. She would ask questions along the way, trying to get you to budge since the curiosity was eating her alive, but you wanted to keep it a surprise.

After several failed attempts, Momo began to whine, thinking that would give in since you didn't particularly like whiners. But you were set and determined. You just turned the radio up louder and blamed the wind when she complained about not getting an answer since the roof to your convertible was down. (a/n: I so badly wanted to say y'all had a Mazda convertible since those cars are so cute)

About 45 minutes later, you have arrived. St. John in the Virgin Islands. You came across it as you were finding different beaches for the two of you to go since you were on vacation. The specific beach you were heading to was affectionately named The Mermaid's Chair.

Momo offered to carrying the cooler bag as you put hers and your bag on your shoulders. Then, you put the roof up and locked your car. You didn't know when you'd return, but you doubted you needed to return to the car for some reason any time soon.

"Got everything? Phone? Sunscreen? Towels?"

"Yes, Momo," You laughed. "I'm pretty sure I have everything."

"Only pretty sure?" She teased with a sly grin as the two of you began walking, with you leading the way.

"I'm like, 99.99% sure."

"That still leaves that .01%!"

You couldn't help but throw your head back in laughter.

It wasn't a long walk to the specific beach you wanted to take her to, but it wasn't a short one. The path cut through the mountain, leading into a cave that was slightly damp and even more sandy. Taking a moment to stop and look around, you took in the stunning formations inside the cave. And although you could guess this was a natural cave, there still was an obvious path, with a rocky outline for the path and some signs here and there to guide you to the correct beach. It felt as if you were part of the movie.

While lost in thought, you heard Momo lightly gasp from behind you. "I forgot my sunglasses!"

The snickering you tried to hide wasn't missed by Momo, since the echoes of it in the cave made it quite difficult to quiet.

"Here." You dug your keys out from your back shorts pocket and handed them to her. "You can go back and get them. I'm gonna be at the Mermaid's Chair. If you stick to the path and pay attention to the signs, you should be able to find it."