Chapter 2

"So how's life in the science world?", asked Jino.
"A lot better in my head.", I said picking up a fry.

"What's wrong?", asked Sohyun before stealing a bite of Jino's hamburger.
"Well, there's this professor.", I said. "And he's making my life a living hell all because I criticized his way of teaching."
"Old people always get offended."
"But he's not even old! He's 24."

"That's pretty young.", said Jino. "Impressive."
"That's not the point.", I said. "He should be cool and nice. Not, crabby and annoying"

"I don't appreciate being talked about behind my back.", said Jungkook sitting down next to me.

"Look who decided to show up.", said Jino.
"I missed a turn.", said Jungkook. "Sorry."

He played off kissing me on the cheek, but grabbed some of my fries instead.

"You never change.", I said rolling my eyes.
"Fries are fries.", he said stuffing his mouth.

"So, what's the update on Mina?", asked Jino. "She still in China?"
"Yeah.", I said. "But we barely have time to talk much."

"Well living abroad is a lot to take in.", said Sohyun. "She can't speak or read Chinese so things must be hard."
"Still.", interrupted Jungkook. "Living abroad sounds so cool. She gets to get away from the hustle and bustle of life here."
"Well I enjoy this life."
"You never wondered what it's like living in another country?"

I raised an eyebrow.

"Not really...", I said.

Jino shook his head in agreement.

"Are you guys serious?", asked Jungkook. "Not one of you guys are curious about other countries?"
"We're curious.", said Jino. "But just not interested in moving so far away."
"But think of all the experiences and jobs. Not to mention how fun college life would be."

"What's wrong with Yongin University?", asked Sohyun. "Is it not fun? Is that why you're bringing this up?"
"...No...", said Jungkook reluctantly. "...Studying abroad just seems like a cool idea."
"But where would you go?"
"I don't know. Whatever speaks to me."

——————————-

Jungkook and I decided to talk outside the restaurant. There was an awkward silence for what seemed like forever, until I finally spoke up.

"You're not... serious about the whole study abroad thing right?", I asked.
"Somin, I want to be honest with you...", he said.
"Then go ahead."
"I'm planning on switching majors."
"What? But Judo has been your thing since forever."
"I know, and I get that. But it became boring and I don't want to spend my life doing that."
"If it makes you happy, then do it. But... what does that have to do with you studying abroad?"
"The University offered I study abroad to get a sense of other majors outside of STEM. And, I realized that maybe that's the best way for me."
"Jungkook..."
"Hear me out. I've always been bored of this city and nothing happens here. Getting out and experiencing the world can open up so many opportunities for me."
"So does our relationship mean nothing to you?"

"Of course it does!", he said defensively. "You're everything to me."
"Clearly not since you'd just leave.", I said.
"We can always go long distance."
"But it's not the same... I want you here."
"Somin. I can't stand being cooped up in this life."