-----CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE-----

<<Lyra's POV>>

She walks closer towards me with a non-smiley face. Her hands slid under my arms, she pulls me into a tight hug. "How did you- Err Yes . . . Yes" She whispered, she didn't pull away, she kept holding me. "Now, tell me, what on earth happened to Denise's leg, I know she won't answer me! But she had to get stitches on that massive cut" Mrs Coulter whispered.

She pulls away and guides me to the bed, Samaria had settled Denise on a chair on the other side of the room. My 'Mother' shoos her daemon away and we sat down and chatted. But no matter how much she persuades me to tell the story, I wouldn't rat out the Gyptians nor their plans, because this 'massive' cut that Denise had can give away our plan, if I told her, she will be asking questions like, why was I out of the tent without anyone knowing in the first place? Why did Denise roll down the snowy hill like an idiot, Why was I there? Even telling how Denise got it could tell the entire story. Then I just found a good excuse. "It came from Ragnar"

"Ragnar? What were you girls doing in Svalbard? How did you even get there" Mrs Coulter was taken back by this response.

"I don't know, you tell me, your men that lives in the snow kidnapped me and brought me up to Ragnar's doorstep, Denise on the other hand was following me"

"Lyra, I wonder and I really do, I wonder what have you've been doing and how did you wander from one place to another that's far away ever since you jumped out of the window . . . . . Oh! Now I almost forgot. The Master of Jordan gave you something, didn't he? he gave you an Alethiometer, didn't he? . . .You see, it wasn't really his to give" I grabbed my leather shoulder bag, placed it on my side.

"Oh, he did" She chuckled. "Must have seemed like a puzzle, what a silly, old thing like that was any good for?"

"It wasn't a puzzle, it was actually pretty easy to read . . .And I found my way by using this thing . . . .Alright, here it is" I acted excitedly. I found the tin with two mosquito bugs was trapped in. I hope they're still alive because they would be really handy right now.

"Thank you" She kissed my forehead. 

I got the tin out of my bag and gave it to her. "What a funny old tin! Did you- Did you put it in here to keep it safe?" She tried to open it, but jokes on her, it was sealed in wax. She got up from the bed, went over to her desk and grabbed a letter opener and tried to jack off the dried wax. I got off the bed and got everyone else in a tight huddle. 

Pan dragged my coat from the chair that was right next to Mrs Coulter. Mrs Coulter's daemon jumped on the desk, snatched the blue tin and easily removed the dried up wax. I slipped my coat on and tied it tight, I looked for my shoes. They're near the door

Perfect.

"Get ready to run out and follow my lead" I whispered quietly.

I looked back at the two insane crazy creatures, seems like Mrs Coulter's daemon got the tin open, he only opened the lid, just a crack to see what's inside, he brings the tin closer to his face and fully took the lid off, sending my best friend, mosquito, in his face. Mrs Coulter screamed and fell unconscious on the floor. "HAHA! That is what it feels like to be knocked out!" I cheered.

"DENISE! LYRA! ALEXINA! ROSANA AND SAMARIA! RUN! LYRA!! LET'S GOO" Pan screamed, I slipped into my boots, quickly lace it tightly around my ankles and ran out of the room, god, what part of this large house am I in now? I followed the footpath to the main hall, I went through four sets of pairs of blurred windowed doors, now left or right, Pan ran left but we heard someone talking loud.

Nah! If we ran there, Mrs Coulter wouldn't be here to save us this time. We ran in the opposite direction. I pushed the doors open. 

The intercision room, this is the machine the compass showed me, it has no fences.

"Alright, do everything in your power to blow this machine up! Remember to keep your distance" I said as I ran to the control panel, I flicked every switch, one sends off the alarm, I don't know what the rest do, but I just flick it on anyways. I move to the side to see.

CANDIDATE DAEMON

purge incise purge

ETHERAL * ( | | | | | | | ) * ( | | | | | | | ) *

PHYSICAL * ( | | | | | | | ) * ( | | | | | | | | ) *

METAPHYS * ( | | | | | | | ) * ( | | | | | | | | ) *

SPIRITUAL * ( | | | | | | | |) * ( | | | | | | | | |) *

They all filled up quickly, I went to another control panel, flicking everything on, sliding things to full power. I threw a toaster looking machine right at the intercision. I watched the intercision machine try to tear the toaster apart. 

<<Denise's POV>> 

I knew this machine would blow up any second if we don't get out of here, I quickly morphed into a horse and kicked the window, a large piece of glass shattered on the snow, just above my back hooves skin, got more than five cuts. I hope Lyra's plan was worth those cuts. I grabbed Lyra and she grabbed Pan, and I threw her out the broken window with my biting and holding, I did the same thing to Alexina and Rosana. The intercision machine exploded like fireworks, glass flying everywhere, worse of all, a fire started bursting out. Samaria and I were stuck in the room. I had to duck for shelter as it explodes.

The window was no longer an option because it's starting to melt, and I'm not planning to get stuck.

I ran to Samaria who was ducking for cover, I ran towards her and picked her up just to fling her in the air and land on my back. "Hold on!" I warned, I turned around and bucked the door open. I turned around again and jumped through the door. .

Each room I pass there were nurses and doctors panicking, they were all checking rooms. I found the exit by the time something behind me blew up and I flew to the outside world. As I got up, it appears that I've morphed into a human. I helped Samaria on her feet and we both ran out to see all the kids lined up, and the night guards were on the other side, blocking everyone's chance of freedom. We both squeezed through the crowd, walking my way to the front. I broke out of the lined up children that were at the front. 

I stepped at least 6 feet away from the children group. The night soldiers ready their guns and swords at the same time as their daemons growled like assholes. Making a few of the children behind me squealed and backed away a little bit, holding one another tight. I looked back at their leader, I spat in front of me and snapped. "Go on then! . . . GO ON!"

He drew his sword out and pointed at me, but he didn't move, nor did I.

He says something in his language, I could clearly NOT understand him, but I ignored him anyway. He says it again in his language. He started to yell, no one had no clue what he was saying. I stood there, giving him my glare, I heard more than one person shuffled behind me until, at the corner of both of my eyes, it was all my friends.