-----CHAPTER SEVEN-----

I opened my door and looked down the hallway. No sign of Lord Asriel. Good. "Secundus, let's go" I whispered, Secundus turned into a bird and flew just above my head as I ran down. Just as I opened the door and took a sharp turn, I smashed into someone. We both collapsed on the floor.

"Secundus!" said Pan.

"Pan!" said Secundus.

"Denise?" Said Lyra

"Lyra?" I said.

"I was just about to fetch you from your safe zone" She smiled.

"Safe zone?"

"If you enter this very building, Lord Asriel can't enter because, well . . . The master said that you were still unstable from your injury or maybe he thought you ain't right in the head. But besides that. Lord Asriel can't disturb you" She said as she helped me up.

"That's cool-"

"Come with me" She grabbed my hand and we both ran towards a gray tower that was just up ahead. I immediately noticed Roger was waiting for us near the close wooden door. "Any of yous got told off?" He asked as we slowed into a stop.

" I did. From Lord Asriel" Said Lyra.

"How about you, Denise?" Roger asked.

"No" I shrugged.

"Let's go up" said Lyra as she pushed our backs towards the closed door.

Roger opened the door and we all went up the stairs. When we reached the very top, the sun was already starting to set, but it was a beautiful view, hard to ignore. Lyra walked on the red roof, I thought she was crazy, but then Roger followed and I did, too. We all sat down slowly. I felt unsafe, but I shook the feeling off. The fact that we are high off the ground makes me feel dizzy, I should be alright, right?

"Den, You alright?" Secundus whispered in my ear.

"I think so" I said.

"My Uncle Asriel said he'd take me to the the North next time he goes. He swore it-" said Lyra

"WHAT!" I leaned forward to see Lyra if she was serious, but I wish I hadn't, because I slipped forward. I started to panic as I watched horrified as I drew closer to the very edge. Who knows today I will die, I looked ahead to see my sister just walking forward, her back to me.

"DENISE!!" I heard the others yell behind me.

"EMELINE!!!" I screamed. She turned around and saw me, sliding to my death. She didn't stood there and watch her own sister fall to her death, she ran. Dropped everything she was holding and got ready to catch me. "DENISE! I GOT YOU! JUST FALL! I PROMISE I'LL CATCH YOU!! YOU GOT TO TRUST ME" She yelled back as I cling on the very edge of the roof.

Just fall, Denise.

She'll catch you. . .

Trust her. . .

She'll never break a promise, but would she?

 Nonsense. 

Just as I was about to fall, I tightened my grip on the edge and breathed in through my nose and exhale out my mouth.

I need to remain calm 

" EMELINE! YOU HAVE TO GATHER THE OTHERS. SAMARIA, ALEXINA AND ROSANA!" I yelled. 

I was slowly starting to be scared for my life.

"I CAN'T THEY ARE ALL SEPARATED FROM EACH OTHER. YOU'LL FALL IF I EVEN TRY TO FIND THEM!" She yelled again.

"DENISE!!" 

Oh no. That's a new voice tone I never heard from someone before. 

"Emeline, go get help" I heard Lord Asriel ordered.

" EMELINE! DON'T LEAVE ME! YOU PROMISE!!" I yelled as I watch my fingers, slowly starting to sweat, slowly losing my own tight grip. I looked down, Jesus. That's some 70 or 80 feet drop. Just then, my left hand lost it's grip, it's gotten too sweaty, I gave a short squeal, I can't hold on much longer. Just then I heard a window swing open, that made me scared. I lost my other grip. I fell for 3 seconds until something gabbed both of my wrist. 

I looked up to see Emeline. " I promised, didn't I?" She smiled as she starts to pull me in. When majority of my body was inside, I fell right onto the ground, hugging the sweet, sweet floor. 

I do not wish to get up.

 Emeline dropped to her knees and pulled me into a proper hug. "Why were you up there? What were you doing and what were you thinking!" I felt Emeline's grip got tighter. 

"Lyras the one who pushed me and Roger forward to go up the stairs and onto the roof! You know about me when it comes to heights! "

"Lyra, you say?" I saw Lord Asriel walked into the room, slowly approached us, he went on his knee next to Emeline and hugged us both. 

"Denise, where's Roger and Lyra now?" Emeline asked. 

"They're still on the roof" I said. 

"Right" Lord Asriel pulled away. 

"Emeline, take her to Ward C, hospital room, let her recover" said Lord Asriel. When Emeline pulled away, I flopped to the ground. 

I ain't going anywhere! too risky! too dangerous. 

" Denise?" Emeline placed her hand on my back. 

"I am not leaving the floor" I said. 

"Denise, you're not leaving the ground, you'll just be taken to the hospital room" said Lord Asriel. 

"Don't bark at her! She's traumatized! In the past, she had to deal with something far worse just to save, Samaria, Alexina, Rosana and myself from danger! She's scared. I've seen her like this before." My sister suddenly defended me. 

"Right, sorry" Said Lord Asriel. I felt someone's hand grabbing tightly to my arm and pull me up, I look to see who it was. 

I should of known. 

It was Lord Asriel. 

He swoop his other arm under my knees and began to carry me. Emeline was right by my side, holding my right hand tight. Telling me it's all going to be alright. 

By the time we got into the Hospital Ward, Emeline showed Asriel where my room was. He placed me down on my bed and left. However, Emeline, my true twin sister, stayed behind. She said she'll sleep with me tonight, but on the couch.

After hours of talking, talking and talking, a nurse opens the door without even knocking, pops her head out. "Perfect, you're both here. In just about an hour. The Master wants to see you both at the Head Table, so just . . . Get ready" said Lorea, popping her head out and closing the door behind her. Emeline and I looked at each other. 

"Oh boy" I said. 

"Oh boy indeed" she repeated as she stood up.