-----CHAPTER THIRTY ONE-----

<<Time Skip>>

I rode on Iorek's back while Denise runs in a Pegasus form right next to him, my beanie was back on my head, my hoodie still behind me, my buttons buttoned-up, my leg is very numb due to the cold. My compass and an old tin were still in my bag and my boots are on. Lastly, my most top priority is my daemon. 

I've been through so much already. Saving Roger back at the college. Seeing Fra Pavel pour poison in my uncle's bourbon. learned little about dust. Meet Mrs Coulter. The Master gives me the compass. We go to Mrs Coulter's home which Pan calls a prison. Mrs Coulter's daemon strangles my daemon but Samaria and Denise came to our aid. Found out Mrs Coulter is behind the gobblers. Figure out all my friends have been kidnapped. I jumped out of the bloody window because of Pan. Gobblers are in search for me. Found the Costas. Met Lord Faa and the others. A bug tries to attack us but Samaria didn't let that happen. Met Serafina Pekkala. Went to have a pit stop at Trollesund. Made two new Allies, Mr Scoresby and Iorek Byrnison. Rode Iorek to the next valley to find a cottage. Found Billy on life's edge. Got delivered at Ragnar's doorstep. And now Iorek defeated Ragnar and now riding to Bolvangar to save my friend, Roger. Who knows that he could be next in line! "We've got to stop them, Iorek. The Alethiometer says they're gonna hurt Roger!!" I called out.

"I might have a plan! but I don't know if it will work, but I know for a fact that it did work last time." Denise said as she struggles to run in a straight line.

Iorek didn't dare to stop, he was determined, he kept running, running, running and running, so did Denise. This may be the biggest moment of our lives for the Gyptians, Iorek Byrnison, Mr Scoresby, the witches, changelings and I. 

I snapped out of my thoughts when Denise yelled out, "STOP!" 

Why? what's going on? I looked behind us, no one's there for him to fight, I looked back in time to see his paws stop in time, there was a cliff right in front of us. If Iorek stopped a second later, it'll be the end of us. He backs away at a safe distance. 

"Over there!" I pointed at an ice bridge that does not look stable because it was PURE ice, nothing underneath it was holding or supporting the bridge. Iorek walked over to the bridge while Denise flies to the other side. I eyed the middle part, where it was most narrow. Iorek only made two steps on the ice bridge when we heard cracking under his feet. It's not gonna hold us. Three steps. The cracking sound gets louder. Four. Five. Six. Part of the bridge fell to the unknown dark part of the cliff.

"Iorek. This isn't a good idea" I finally said.

"Right. It may not hold us both" He backs away, "You cross on your own-"

"WHAT!" I cut him off.

"Don't worry, I'll follow" Iorek tried reassuring me.

I slipped off his coat, I fell to the ground, I couldn't feel my legs at all, It felt frozen. I shuffled on over to the bridge. I went on the first part where Iorek couldn't cross. I turned around, feeling scared for my own life, because of my fear of heights and because I'm about to face the home of the intercision machine.

"If you'll fall, I'll catch you!" Said Denise . . . Whom I forgot was there.

"I'm right here. Step quickly. Don't look down" said Iorek.

I failed at that already, I stepped slowly and I WAS LOOKING DOWN, I looked forward and by the time I looked down, I was at the thinnest part of the bridge. One step. little cracks. Two. Three. I saw the cracks become larger and more threatening. I looked down behind me.

"DON'T LOOK BACK!! YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!" Iorek yelled.

Four. Five- Heart skipped a beat, I slipped and landed on my butt on the ice bridge, I can almost feel the snow soaking through my pants. I've noticed that Denise was ready to bounce off if I fall. I slowly got up. 

Crack. 

Crack. 

Crack. 

Peace. 

SMASH! 

I looked behind to see the bridge starting to collapse behind me. AAAAAAHHHHH "RUN!! LYRA!! RUN!! RUNNNNNN!!"

I looked ahead of me, to see Denise was nowhere to be found until I felt something grabbed me from behind and lifted me in the air, slowly flying to the other side.

"Pan! Pan! where are you!" I said as I checked myself as we landed safely.

I felt something crawling out of my jacket

"Here!" His gentle voice replied.

"Oh my god! Are you okay? did I squish anything in there?" I asked

"No?" he replied

"Good. Now look ahead" I said.

We saw a bright house in sight. Our destination was way over there.

"Yep! Welcome to Bolvangar, where kids never make it out alive!!" said Denise morphing into a puppy.

"Lyra! Denise! I'll get Scoresby and the Gyptians!! Wait for me there!" Iorek yelled from the other side. I can't stay here and expose myself! What if that drat woman finds me! oh . . Right . . .It'll be the end of me. 

Gone. 

Finished. 

She's gonna kill me for what I did. 

She says she's gonna visit the North. 

Which is here. 

But we haven't left her home for weeks, possibly months. She'll never come. I can bet you that. So I walked towards the place that looks so small from a distance . . . Oh no.

That's not a good sign. There's a blizzard right in front of us and we're about to go THROUGH IT!

"Lyra! Wait!" We heard Iorek yell.

Then out of nowhere, something heavy landed on Denise. I got startled because something landed on top of me as well.