-----CHAPTER THIRTY THREE-----

"What was that?" said a male

"I don't know!" replied a female

I looked around, everyone was unsettled, a woman popped her head under the table, "Down there, under the table!" she said. Lots of hands were attacking us under the table. "Grab their legs!" I was about to crawl forward but then someone dragged me out from under the table by pulling my both ankle. 

Then someone else grabbed me in a tight hold, where they wrap their arms around my chest and pulls me up so I couldn't touch the ground. A few others were searching for my daemon on the ground as I thrash in an arm of a stranger. Lucky they didn't restrain my hands because bitch! I have nails too!! I clawed the face of my capture-er, hoping he let me go, I felt something warm and squishy. 

"AH!! MY EYES! " He yelled. 

Ew. . . 

He accidentally dropped me. I took the hint and ran out, but damned Pan decided it was safe for him to run now. Which it wasn't. We ran back to the place where Roger was being held. I pushed the doors open, I didn't care if I hit an adult on the way.

"Roger! hide me!" I said quickly, but the doctor and nurses already tracked me down like a bloodhound scenting my trail. I was now helpless. They got me again, and this time, they got Pan. 

"LET ME GO!!" I screamed really loud. I saw they started choking Pan, the doctor that was holding me squeezed my stomach, making it hard to breathe.

I saw white particles circling my vision, slowly closing in

"NO, YOU CAN'T" I tried my very best to breathe, to help Pan at least, "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED!!"

"LYRA!!" Pan's voice was the last thing I've ever heard before I went out.

<<Denise's POV>>

Just before any nurses or doctors went out, I morphed into human and ran, I didn't know who to save first. . . 

Coulter! I need to find Mrs Coulter! She could stop this madness!

 I've run about at least everywhere in the staff's corner and entering every room I saw and managed to escape it later on. I finally found Mrs Coulter's room, which was in Ward A, room 18. I didn't hesitate to barge in. Once I entered and I slammed the door shut behind me and held it there. This, however, scared the crap out of her.

"MARISA! I NEED YOUR HELP! THEY'VE TAKEN LYRA AND EMELINE TO THE INTERCISION MACHINE!" I yelled. Then the door burst open and I was flung to the other side of the room, hitting the wall.

"Gentle! I'm fragile you idiots! but I also have enough strength to kill a damned Ice bear! I did it before! I can do it again!" I threatened them.

I quickly got up and ran behind Mrs Coulter like a scared child. She looks at me with disbelief, knitting her brows together, she couldn't even say a word. "Get the child!" a man ordered. I morphed into a tiny lizard, ran under the bed, dodged the doctor and nurses' feet and out the doorway. I morphed into a human and ran, looking for an intercision room to find either Lyra or Emeline. The lights above me twitched, telling me, one of the Intercision machine is operating.

I decided to check in the Intercision room 3 because I have a strong feeling that the room was operating. I slammed the door open. I got lucky. It was the one Emeline was in. The process was almost done. I didn't hesitate to morph into a bear, I ran towards the machine and swiped my massive claw at it and wiped her and her daemon out, I kept beating the machine up, making wires spring out and electricity sapping, so they couldn't use it after. I decided that it would be best if I were to scare everyone away from this room, so I could help awake Emeline without being taken away. When it was clear, I morphed back to myself and knelt down to my sister, tears ready to ball out. 

"Emeline" my voice cracked. "Emeline, it's me, Denise, please wake up" I gently grabbed her daemon and cradle it in my arms. "Please" I begged. I started to notice that her daemon was slowly fading out. If he was dying so was she. He was crumbling fast, I started to freak out. 

"No! No, no, no, no! Emeline! You can't-You can't leave me here!" I placed her daemon to the side so Secundus can do something about it. I started to shake her aggressively. I tried giving her CPR, but what's that gonna do to a person who just been in intercision.

"EMELINE!" I screamed. My tears slid down my face and dropped onto her cheek. Just in the background, I heard plenty of feet coming this way. The door slammed open, I held onto Emeline's body, which was slowly getting cold. 

"Don't touch me!" I screamed. One of the men picked me up, one or two nurses tried to pry Emeline free from my arms. But once they did, I have done a painful screech, "EMELINE!!" 

I was crying like an out of control kid, but I've noticed that they had Secundus in their hands, and they were slowly choking him, purposely making him run out of air. I started thrashing aggressively around. "No! Not today! Let me go! I wanna be with my sister!" I yelled.

"Give up! She's dead!!!" a man yelled at me. The room fell quiet, even I fell quiet. But I went limp and weak, I was too shocked to process that she was now permanently dead.