-----CHAPTER TWENTY SIX-----

<<Lyra's POV>>

We all travelled together on foot through a forest, marching in a messy line, each group of ten men must carry a machinery part that's bigger than them, Lord Faa, Fadar Coram, Iorek Byrnison, Mr Scoresby, Ma Costa, Rosana, Alexina and I didn't have to do anything.

 Well, Lord Faa is guiding everyone from the front, I'm walking next to Iorek who has Alexina and Rosana on his back, talking about nonsense to each other, but hey, they're trying to work things out again, Fadar Coram is on Lord Faa's side, so is Ma Costa. 

Mr Scoresby is watching over groups. A few of the men were told to keep on a lookout as they were marching, so they have guns with them, pointing outside of the group. Someone close by slipped but immediately caught himself, and Mr Scoresby helped him up quickly so it doesn't become a dominoes effect. 

"Whoa careful there, boys. Airship machinery is kind of finicky . . . I wanna die in a rocking chair, not in a hydrogen fire" said Scoresby.

Finally, Alexina and Iorek sorted things out, and now I was able to tell him about our roller coaster journey. 

" But she was ever so clever, Mrs Coulter (huffed) But she kept telling me what to do (puffed) I don't like people telling me what to do (huffed) I bet you don't like it either (puffed) I can tell (huffed) You're like my Uncle Asriel (puffed) He's a rough noble like you (huffed) That's what I think!" We climbed a challenging snowy, rocky and slippery hill in big thick clothing. We reached to the very top, I pushed my pace to catch up with Lord Faa, he noticed me and took my woollen gloved hands in his.

"Samoyeds lands," Said Iorek who was now standing next to me.

In front of us was a steep hill going down, and beyond that was flat snowy land with a few black rocks here and there.

"Samoyeds don't take kindly to trespassers," said Mr Scoresby.

"It's the only place to reach Bolvangar. Stay close to me" Iorek went ahead of us.

Everyone started walking, "Come, child" Fadar Coram tapped my shoulder, I didn't realize that I was standing around, I quickly went over to Fadar Coram and walked by his side.

"It will be dark soon" says Iorek.

<<Timeskip>>

We made camp as soon as the sun makes its ways towards the mountain. Rosana, Alexina and I were told not to leave the tent! They even didn't tell us the reason why?! but whatever! as long as we have a small campfire in our tent, I'm sure that we're all gonna be okay. I pushed the leather flap, poking my head out, looking left and right, then I spotted them.

"They're here" I whispered.

"Who?" Alexina whispered back.

"Emeline, Denise and Samaria!" I started squealing. I quickly crawled back outside.

"EMELINE! DENISE! SAMARIA!" I yelled. I didn't care if anyone was watching or yelling at me to go back inside the kid's tent.

The three girls started running towards me.

Just in a few moments, we all crash into a hug where we fall on the ground.

"Lyra! How are you!" Emeline asked as she helped everyone up.

"Somewhat proud, you?" I replied.

"Eh, we bumped into Mrs turbulence on the way here!" Denise replied while dusting the snow off her shoulders.

"Who?" I was confused. Who is Mrs Turbulence, I've never heard of her.

"Coulter," said Samaria.

"Come on, we've gotta go back inside the tent before karma comes," I said as I placed my arms around Denise and Emeline's back. 

"Karma comes back?" Emeline repeated.

"Just a saying that I heard everyone say in Jordan College. " I said.

<< Sometime later>>

I once again, I pushed the tent's thick flap outwards and stick my head out to look left and right, there was nobody around. I popped my head inside the tent. I sat in front of the fire and next to a sleeping Samaria.

I pulled my compass out and made the needle point to;

Walled Garden, something like; Nature; Like Innocent children. Force to order.

Angel, the one that can send a message. Perhaps like sending a message to a Hierarchy.

Horse. The horse is like the European people. European people tend to go on Journeys. They may go through Fidelity at some point though.

What are the Gobblers doing to the kidnapped children?

What I saw already gave butterflies in my stomach;

Intercision. The machine is like a full big circle. Only hollow on the inside. There's normally a tiny chain fence in the middle. On one half, a kid sits there and the other half, their daemon sits there. They trap children by sliding the fence down on both sides so there was no escaping. That's intercision. That's like the Walled Garden symbol, innocent children and forced to take the order.

A house that looks so haunting. But I feel like someone's calling for help. The Angel's message. The Angels symbol.

Then I saw the part that got me really scared.

"What's wrong, Lyra, what can you see?" said Pan trying to make me snap out of it

I closed the compass and looked at Emeline. She was sleeping soundly, I then looked at Rosana, Alexina, Denise and Samaria. They were all sleeping. Thank god! Cause if they knew I was having a panic attack and they asked what's wrong. I wouldn't want to explain what I saw.

But how could that be! That could be no glitch! "The compass will only tell the truth" I remember those words flying out of the Master's mouth.