-----CHAPTER TWELVE-----

Samaria and I left at mid-afternoon, I was fully geared. Samaria, on the other hand, was fully geared and dressed to look the part, she'll have to guide me because she will be the one that's watching that blimp take our friends and my sister away from us.

We watched as the red blimp with a big golden M lifted into the air and started going forward.

"Den, we have to make sure that we are mainly out of sight, otherwise this looks suspicious to them" said Samaria.

"Got it" I said as I trotted to the far side where the trees were.

I ran through a 'No Trespassing' field. Tallgrass.  Muddy ground. Through villages. I've run all day and night. Something as simple as falling asleep, hunger, thirst, and hygiene was something that can become a big issue. This got so bad that Samaria had to actually steal a villager's horse, put up the gear and go. I had time to rest and replenish.

Finally, the aircraft had finally landed, but on the way down, Samaria nudged me. She gestured towards somebody's TV through their open window. 

It was us. 

Me and Samaria. 

They stated us missing. If we were to be found, we must be taken back. I morphed into a small mouse. Samaria ran to the nearest bathroom, she placed her bag on the sink, grabbed scissors " Denise, I need you to cut my hair to shoulder length, straight as possible." 

I jumped into the air and morphed to human. "What? Are you sure?!"

"Do you want to be taken back after all we've been through?!"

"No"

"Then do it"

I took the scissors from her hand and tried cutting her hair straight as possible. But it came to a surprise that it was straighter then a straight line, Samaria turned around and looked at me, she looked different, she looked more sweet, kind and loving, and less of the ' I came back from the dead and my attitude from the dead has also risen with me!'  look she always give to everyone. She grabbed a pair of sunglasses and slipped it on her head, applied dark lipstick and done her make up.

"I hope you're aware that you look like a doll? right?" I said.

"I'm aware . . . You know, you should probably do the same thing!" she replied

"Nah, I'm cool with being an animal" I refused the offer.

"As you wish"

<<Emeline's POV>>

As we all landed at the aircraft's airport, Mrs Coulter got us all a ride to her home in a mechanic carriage. It wasn't long till we reached her house . . . Which looked like a giant mansion. . .

We entered her home, and all of us were astounded with the results of the presentation on the inside, very clean, white, detailed room with no signs or evidence of any kinds of mess. There was a portrait of Mrs Coulter and her golden daemon just sitting on top of the fireplace where two servants on each side were standing.

I looked up to see one of those glass arts where they put angels and their daemon and Jesus with his daemon flying over the golden skies. 

Mrs Coulter gave us a little tour of her home. But what seems to be more suspicious is the rooms we all aren't allowed to be in. She showed us our very own bedroom, Lyra walked up to one of the nightstands and picked up a weird looking bottle with a strange tail. She pushed this fat thing at the end of the tail and mist sprouted out from this strange bottle and into her face. We all chuckled lightly. Mrs Coulter explained that it was a perfume, and the liquid inside can make you smell really nice.

Our bedroom included two bunk bed, a map of the North which I felt mostly annoyed about. A window, night lights and more.

<<Time Skip To Evening>>

When we all finished from having a shower and brushing our teeth, we all had a moment away from Mrs Coulter.

"Guys, I need to tell you something important." Lyra spoke out in a whisper, we all gathered around so we could listen carefully to her. 

"Is it the fact that you miss Denise and Samaria? Cause I know for a fact that I do" Said Alexina.

"Partly, Denise and I are roommates, it's just . . . It doesn't feel the same without her, anyway, before we all left Jordan, The Master came up to my room and handed me a Golden Compass, but the strangest thing he also said was ''Make sure Mrs Coulter does not know that you have it . . . It is the utmost importance'' but weirdest of all, he said that the Compass can tell you the truth. I'm just asking if you all can help me hide the Compass away from Mrs Coulter, just for the sake of it." Lyra whispered as she got her leather bag, place it on her lap and pulled out a huge golden compass. 

She Opened the Compass, but the strangest thing we saw was that there were no numbers, but plenty of pictures, there was not just one needle, but three . . .

"Look, girls" said Lyra passing the Compass around.

"That's strange, it has way too many pictures around the edge" Said Rosana.

"What do they all mean?" I asked curiously.

"Don't know" Lyra shrugged. We all stared at the Compass, "The needles keep stopping at the same symbols . . . The Lady . . .The Lightning Bolt and The Baby . . . Then it goes back and does it again, see?" said Lyra as she retrieves the compass and sits up straight.

"What do you think makes the needle move" Lyra's daemon, pan questioned.

"I don't know . . . Maybe Uncle Asriel knows . . . Maybe we're supposed to take it to him" Lyra replied.

A knock came at the door, Alexina grabbed the Compass from a hesitant Lyra and shoves it under her so she's sitting on it. The door opened and a man's head popped from the side. " Miss Emeline, your mother requested for you to come downstairs urgently" said the man calmly. It feels really weird to call this woman 'Mother'. We all looked at one another. "Lyra, your secret it safe with me, I'll tell you guys all about it when I come back up" I said as I stood up and headed to the door.