-----CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN-----

I went out of my tent when I heard no noise, and no noise means no one is on guard, they are in their tents. Once my foot first stepped on the snow, it made a crunch sound. I'll have you mind my steps now since the snow could give away my location to anyone that was nearby.

"Where are we going?!" Whispered Pan who turned into a ferret.

"Hush Pan" I whispered back.

"They told us not to leave the tent!" He snapped.

I looked behind us to see if anyone was watching us- Then I slammed into some tin mugs and pots that made a loud clink and clash sound, it was so loud, that I heard Lord Faa's tent went silent. 

Oh crap!! 

I quickly ran beside the tin mugs and cups, pressing my twelve-year-old body against the tent I walked into. Lucky my clothes aren't bright, in fact, they camouflage perfectly with the tent, because just in the nick of time, I saw Lord Faa popped his head out of the tent's flap and looked around then popped right back in and started talking.

I quickly walked away, lucky I was looking down because I saw sticks tied together, I could have just stepped on it. The sticks will go rolling inwards. I will be screaming until I've taken a nose dive into the snow. So I stepped over it. I kept walking, walking and walking to find my other tent-mate that wasn't in with us. Iorek. 

I've found him staring at a wall of snow, depressingly.

"Iorek?"

He craned his head towards my direction, "What is it, Child?"

"The Alethiometer keeps telling me something. In the next valley, there's a lake with a house by, it is troubled by a ghost. It's something to do with the Gobblers and Roger. You can take me there. You could carry me there and back before anyone knew couldn't you?" I said as I rise my hopes of him saying that it was alright for me to ride him.

"You . . .Wish . . .To ride" He looked around and back at me and points to himself with his big paws, "Me?"

I looked down and back at him, "Yeah"

"We will travel faster without armour"

I mounted Iroek, I grabbed onto his fluffy white fur, he goes into a walk, jog, trot, run, sprint, canter then gallop ( full speed! ) He ran, I looked ahead of us, is that a cliff? Already! "Iorek?"

He didn't reply, then he sank into the snow, but still somehow still running. "IOREK!! JUMP!!" I yelled as I saw the cliff end, he jumped and we landed on a hard snowy ground that isn't so steep. Riding an Ice bear is like riding a horse, but, the bear is way more of a bumpy ride. It was actually fun. More fun than riding a Ferrie with Mrs Coulter, sailing on a boat with the Egyptians taking care of you.

(Half an hour later)

Iorek slowed down into a jog, walk then a stop. We both heard it. It wasn't me. A weird sound coming from the sky. Are those . . .Birds?

"Are those birds?" I asked, repeating my thought.

"What? No! They're witches . . . . . More than I've ever seen"

They were all holding bows with their left hand, and guiding their flight with their right.

"Where are they going?"

"With this much, seems like they're flying to war . . .If they are flying to the aid of your enemies you should all be afraid" He starts to walk as I stare at the witches. I wonder if Serafina Pekkala is up there, watching down on us as she flies with her group.

"Are you afraid?" I asked, feeling afraid myself.

"No, and when I am, I master my fear" Iorek replied