4: The Truth Untold

We entered our house and I asked mom. "Eomma, explain all of this to me!"

My mom gasped because I yelled at her.

"About what?" She asked.

"About what happened before we moved here in Seoul" This time, my voice is calm.

"Do you really want to know?" She asked.

"Ofcourse Eomma" I calmly said.

"Arasseo" she said. We sat on the couch then my mom started to explain what really happened to me.

"Haesoo-yah. You've been in a car accident while you were in trip with Jimin"

"Me? With Jimin?" I asked

"Ne. That time you were in your Grade 9 days. You and Jimin are bestfriends. Like brothers and sisters. Everytime I see you together, I feel like Jimin is my son. You two are really close to each other since the first day of your Middle School. You once told me why Jimin is your bestfriend. You told me that on your first day, You're always lonely. No one talks to you until you met him. You told me that he's annoying. He always cling on you. When he asked you to be his bestfriend, you agreed because he's your first friend. After that, I always see your face smiles everytime you're with him. You feel safe when he's beside you. When we're talking about something, you always put him in our conversation. How funny and clumsy he is. You always say that he's so cute. You too are really funny, so close to each other and how you love him as your brother. But, after 3 years of friendship, an accident ruined all of that" Mom explained with actions.

"Eomma? How did I forgot him? Only him and not you, not Appa? Everything around me?" I bombarded her my questions.

"You're on trip to Daegu with him. You planned to visit there and make memories. But, the bus you're taking lost its control and the bus landed on a cliff. The bus driver and 5 people died" She said sadly.

"We rushed you and Jimin in the hospital. Jimin only got a minor injuries. And you, that time I thought you're going to die. You're on critical stage and doctors said that you need to be operated". I kept listening while she explains every single moment that happened to me.

"The operation was successful, but your brain is affected. You can't remember what happened to you" and by that, her words gave me goosebumps.

Flashback [Third Person's POV]

"You can see her" the doctor said.

"Oh! Thank you god! My daughter is safe" Her mom said. Haesoo's mom waited until she wakes up.

"Eomma?" Haesoo said.

"You're awake! She exclaimed happily.

"Why are we here?" Haesoo asked.

"You are here to rest" Her mom sighed. "I can rest at home right? Why am I here?" Haesoo said, you can feel that she is mad and irritated.

"Ms. Jin Haesoo, you've gotten into a car accident" The doctor said.

"Me? Car accident? How?" She asked.

"Honey, we can talk about it later, just sleep and rest, you need to gain energy" Her mom said while sobbing.

"Mrs. Jin, can we talk outside?" The doctor said.

They walked outside and talked.

"Mrs. Jin, sorry to say this but her memory isn't working. She can't remember what happened recently. She don't know what happened and how did she got into an accident" The doctor said sadly.

"What? How?" Her mom asked.

"Based on our observation, Her head hit a hard metal when the bus fell. Because of that, she lost some of her memory. I recommend you to not force her to remember everything, she can recover. I think, it will take 2-4 years until her memory can come back" The doctor said and Jimin appeared.

"Yah! Mr. Park you can't get up now! Go back to your room" the nurse said while running to Jimin.

"No! I need to see her!!" Jimin yelled making everyone look at him.

"You can after you recovered"

"I don't care! I need to see her!!" Jimin opened the door and saw a tiny Haesoo laying down on her hospital bed.

Mrs. Jin and the Doctor entered after Jimin. Jimin was walking near to Haesoo when she spoke making him stop on his tracks.

"Who are you?" Haesoo asked.

"I'm Jimin! Your bestfriend!" Jimin said smiling.

"I don't have bestfriend. Who are you?"

"Don't joke around Haesoo" Jimin laughed even though he's hurt.

"Sorry, I don't know you" Haesoo just turned around and faced the hospital desk.

Jimin is shocked. "I think Mrs. Jin, Haesoo forgot about him" the doctor said.

"Why?" Her mom asked. "He's the one with her when the accident happened right?"

"Yes, they are supposed to go in Daegu"

"Haesoo, will really forget everything around her. Especially that boy. I think your daughter's mind is full of his thoughts. I really feel sorry" The doctor said.

"Thank you." Then the doctor left.

After that, Jimin left crying. He still can't believe what happened. Haesoo's mom feel pathetic for him.

~

"Eomma? Who's him?"

"Nothing, just don't mind it"

"Okay"

"When you recovered, we'll be living in Seoul. It's for your best"

"Okay Eomma"

"Rest now"

When her Mom went outside. She saw Jimin and his mom. They talked about what happened and Jiyoo explained Haesoo's condition to Jimin.

Jimin just cried and listened to what Jiyoo will say. "We will be moving for her best. I'm sorry Jimin"

"Why me? Why not others?!" He cried.
"Her thoughts is full of yours Jimin when the accident happened. She even forgot what happened to her"

"It really happened in a blink of an eye, we have nothing to do with it. It all happened" Jimin's mom said.

"Why did It have to be me? I hate myself for planning this trip!" He yelled.

"God has plans Jimin" His mom assured him and caressed his back to give him the comfort he needed.

Jimin just cried not believing what really happened.

End of Flashback

A/N:

Sorry for the long chapter and my grammars. Please Vote. Thank you for reading!💜