Chapter 14: You're beautiful

Börja om från början

I wouldn't say I was lost of words.

I just couldn't process the fact he just gave a really good complement and Dylan never gives complements. Ever.

Does he really feel that way or was he saying it just to get in my pants.

Either ways, this bitch don't give a spoon.

Yeah, you heard it, spoon.

"Thanks Dylan. That's probably the best thing I've heard from your dumb mouth"

"I can do a lot of things with that mouth you know?"

"Yeah and I don't want to know them" I said and with one last pull, I got my hand out of his death grip.

He chuckled and pulled the sheets over his head.

Man, that is one weird kid.

I grabbed my purse and went for the door.

*~*~*~*~

The next morning went as usual. I woke up, took my bath and went to the hell hole.

Yesterday's party kept running through my head. I thought of it last night before I slept but it was just for a minute or two.

Okay, maybe an hour.

Fine, hours.

Well, I couldn't be blamed. It's not like people gave me enough attention to be called pretty so yeah, he was the first person besides my parents to give me a complement to remember.

Don't you dare ship us.

It was lunchtime already and the hallways were empty but the house from the cafeteria could be heard from a distance.

I spent half of my lunch break writing a damn story for the English assignment just because I knew Dylan wouldn't do it.

I saw Esther and Natasha walk towards me with the later smiling like she won a lottery.

"You look like you're about to pop" I said to her "Why are you so happy?"

"She got a date to prom and she figured out she has a little thing for the guy"

"Aaron asked me out to prom!" She squealed, her face reddening in the process.

"Oh wait, prom is coming up?"

"Oh my god, Diana. You've not heard it?"

"No, you didn't tell me"

"And I should because?"

"Because you know I wouldn't know about it. I'm not into school gossip like you are" I pointed out "And besides, I've not heard a thing about it"

"Well, now you know"

"Who's Aaron?" I changed the topic and turned to Natasha.

"He's the president of the chess club"

"Wait a minute, I thought it was the booger Aaron"

"Ew, Esther. That guy's disgusting" Natasha said.

"Well, it's not my fault I didn't know the specific Aaron"

"You would've known if you paid attention when I was telling you about it"

"You should've known food is my highest priority"

"That's enough guys, we're talking about prom, remember?"

"Oh yeah! We're all going to the mall to go get dresses" Natasha said "Including you Esther"

"Come on, shopping makes me tired" She whined "I hate it"

"You don't have a choice"

"You guys should probably go. I have to complete the English assignment after school and you know I have work to get to" I explained and Natasha's face fell almost immediately.

"It's about you getting a date, isn't it?" Natasha was nice and sweet and her voice could really make you feel bad at times.

"No no no no. I usually don't go to prom and besides, I have assignments to complete and my job can be pretty stressful"

"Fine"

"Wait, she makes up a sad story and she gets a free ticket. What happened to all my previous plea"

"It's stupid Esther. There's no way no one would ask you out"

"Yeah, that ass of yours could really turn heads" I added "And don't let me get started o_"

"I get it!" She cut me off "I'll go to the mall with you but you have to promise you'll get me ice cream"

"Yeah and then you'll pay for it"

"What the actual_"

"So will you at least come to prom?" Natasha asked, cutting her off.

"What's the point? I can't go to prom without a date. I can't just dress up with a lot of make up and lie to people my date is in the band."

"You know, that's kind of a great id_"

"No, it isn't"

"Actually, it is. It doesn't hurt to tell a lie"

*~*~*~*~*~

I sighed and took off my apron. It was a long stressful day at work. My legs were aching bad from all the walking and standing. I had to deal with an old man who kept asking me for champagne. I kept my good girl reputation by answering to his numerous questions. He kept yelling for champaign but under my 'good kid' facade, I just wanted to yell

GO TO A CLUB IF YOU WANT A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE GRANDPA!!

Who the hell sells champagne in a coffee shop? I repeat, coffee shop.

Pushing that at the back of my head, I gave Luke a hug and left him to deal with the night shit.

Once I opened the door, I almost flinched at who was in front of me.

Dylan stood in front of key with his hands shoved in his pockets. He had a white top on with black faded jeans.

I was pretty surprised he had white on cause he had a thing with black clothes and that explains why he always wore black but looking at the other side, he kinda looked good on white.

"Just tell me when you're done checking me out"

**Don't be mean😜. Just click the little star. You know I love you**

Drop a comment

Instagram: sophia_shodimu