Chapter 6

#But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time.#

--Look what you made me do

'What is she thinking, Flame?' Tobias asked suddenly, as always, his face was dark.

'Well, T. She is thinking a lot of stuff at the same time... And they're all negative. She changed a lot.' Flame said quietly. 

What is this feeling again? This tightened feeling in my heart whenever they talked like this about me.

'It's not her fault.' Jestin said as he put down the book he was reading. 'It's only because someone wasn't strong enough to protect her, even when he had sworn to.'

'Someone's in a bad mood again~' Flame said nervously and jokingly. "Right? T? Let's not get into a fight, huh?"

There was this nervous tension between us... Everyone seems to be staring at Jestin. There was just silence, and silence only. I held onto the corner of Flame's shirt tightly, because this tension was just too much. I could barely breathe.

"Hey! What is your fucking problem! What do you mean, Huh?!!! You were also busy crying like a big baby since she didn't love you the way she loved me!" Tobias shouted at Jestin. His angry voice sounded like thunder!

"Yes! I was crying! But if you have just let me take care of her that night, she wouldn't be... I wouldn't let her..." Jestin's angry voice got quieter and quieter as he continued. Before he finished his sentence, he looked over to me. "Go through all of this pain."

"Just shut up!" Tobias shouted back angrily through gritted teeth.

Ok, you know what? I've had enough of all this bullshit. Nobody explains anything to me. Jestin keeps looking at me as if he owes me the world, Tobias is acting as if the whole world owes him, and Flame... is just Flame...

When I thought up to here, Flame chuckled. He was reading my mind again. I just ignored him as I always do.

I'm gonna tell this angry bitch off.

"Why are you always shouting and being angry at everyone?" I tried shouting at Tobias as loud as I can. "If I was supposed to know you, then I regret ever seeing you!"

Ouch! Little girl, you are going to regret saying that to him in the future!

What do you mean by that, Flame?

I mean... You'll regret it.

What?

You used to be in love with him...

What do you mean used to... What are you guys?

You have to find out yourself. That way is better.

What?

'Come on everyone! Don't fight like babies!' Flame said as he walked between Tobias and me slowly and carefully. Not wanting to get hurt.

"I'm gonna go, now get away from my car," I said calmly. Weird thing was that whenever I was around Tobias, my emotions always got out of control.

'Yeah, yeah... Let's go. Baby Beth, let's go. Let's get away from this scary crossed creature.' Flame laughed nervously as he walked beside me patting my back soft and gently. "I'll drive."

'You are so much better than those 2 monsters.' I whispered gratefully.

'No... You don't remember how I was before so...' Flame said smiling, but from his eyes, I could tell that he meant what he said. 'Good thing is that you don't remember anything that happened before... then, maybe I'll get to have a chance. A chance that I never got.' 

He looked deeply into my eyes for a few seconds and shook his head. 'Gosh! Who cares! We all know the answer. Don't worry, Little girl, I will always be here for you! As a friend.'

'Tha... Thanks.' I answered, feeling extremely awkward about the topic.

'My! You used to never say thank you!'

'Ok, you've gotta tell me more about what kind of jerk I was in you guys' eyes!' I laughed. 

I didn't know what to think anymore. Too many things have happened recently.  All I knew that I need to get my mind off things. I needed to relax. 

 I guess having a guy best friend is not that bad.

Up to now, I only had Crystal and Westin as my friends. However, we were never really together, we only met whenever I came to New York for summer vacation.

"I don't deserve to have a friend," I whispered to myself. 

"Of course not! You deserve everything way more than what you have now. " Flame stated in an angrily yet in a childish way then drifted perfectly into my parking spot. 

After pulling the car keys out, he turned to me and said, "You, little girl, are in great need of a boyfriend! A boyfriend like me, who would show you how beautiful you are, and treasure you, and accept you for who you are. You are really beautiful, and perfect. Trust me!"

I looked at him gratefully. Those words he told me that day, meant a lot to me. 

"Thank you... Again." I said, giving Flame a big hug, and he returned the hug awkwardly. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" 

"Yeah." Flame answered softly. 

I felt him kiss my hair gently, and before I was able to react, he was gone. He disappeared, just as he always did before.