Chapter 20

Beth's POV:

I was in the darkroom once again. It was dead quiet. Something was different from this time. There were no noisy whispers, no flashes of memories. For the first time in my dreams, I felt secure and safe. I was at peace. I tried to look at my fingers, but all I saw was darkness. I tried hugged myself for some self-comfort, and realized that I was fucking naked!

Then I heard someone laugh from behind me. It sounded like a little girl, giggling. She sounded far away but close at the same time. Her waves of laughter echoed around me.

I turned around swiftly and saw a little girl with the same hair color as me. In fact, we looked the same! Everywhere around her was bright, as if she was the light of the world. She was shining just like the moon in the night sky. 

"Are you... Katerina?" I called out cautiously.

"Yes, Elizabeth!" She replied. Her voice sounded bright and confident. Even though she looked short and little, something about her made me think her as a... Queen... She was born to be a leader. The way she held herself was just so...

I stared at her. She had a very long white dress. It wasn't fancy. It was more like a gown. Even her skin seemed to be shining. 

"The witches are all hiding, aren't they... Pity!" I heard the mini version Katerina say to herself looking left and right. Then she turned around to face me. Even though she and I look the same, she looked way prettier than I did. It was her spirit. Her heart. The confidence in her eyes. Her wavy hair was down, yet they were neat and shiny.

"You really are something, Elizabeth. I have been watching you all these years. Now, follow me. We don't have time to catch up. I have something very important to show you!"

"What..." I said, trying to process why she said what she said just now.

"Come on~! Don't you like surprises, Elizabeth? You are so naive and boring... We are way too different! How can we be the same person! Oh my goodness! Why am I talking so much anyways?!!!" Katerina kept talking as she walked on and on. "This is what happens when you're in solitude for over a thousand years.

The scenes around us started to change and I felt myself being lifted. A gush of strong wind came flying toward me. When I opened my eyes, I found that I was flying in the sky!

"Holy shit!" I cried.

"Come on, Elizabeth. This is nothing!" Katerina said with a "You're kidding me" look. 

"No, I'm not scared of heights. It's just that I never knew flying was so... Awesome!" I shouted with a big smile. Now I feel like a child.

"You are so cute, Elizabeth!" Katerina said as she started giggling again. It's weird to be called "cute" by someone that's way younger than you. Especially we are the same person. "Enjoy your first time flying then~! But the fun is about to start now!"

"O... Ok!"

We flew for a while, over forests after forests. Everything seemed to be very...Old aged? The sky had the most beautiful blue ever. 

"Hey, are you that interested in the sky. You're gonna crash! Stupid?" I suddenly heard Katerina say, sounding quite upset. When I faced in front again, there was a long pointy pole in front of me.

"Whoa!" I shouted to myself, quickly flying to the left. "What was that?!!!"

"The flag pole for the castle duh? Can't you see? Ardwyad grew up here..." Katerina answered. When she mentioned Tobias' name, her eyes softened for a few seconds.

She loves him.

"You lived here too... Right?" I said as I looked over to Katerina. She seemed to be shocked at what I said. Her eyes widened for a slight moment, but she quickly looked away and started to stare down at the castle beneath us. We flew over the castle and seemed to be heading for somewhere else. The castle was made out of old bricks. It looked as if it was built thousands of years ago.