Chapter 21

Then I woke up. 

I was in my own room, lying in my bed, alone. It was dark and dead quiet. 

The curtains were closed, and so were the windows. The air conditioner was on, however, which made the darkroom feel even creepier. 

Little by little, I remembered the dinner last night, and the dream I just had. Suddenly, I felt pain all over my body. Like every part of my skin!

"Ardwyad!" I shouted and jumped out of bed. "Where are you!"

"He's out."

I turned my head and saw Alvera standing against the door with her arms crossed before her chest.

"Alvera, where is he?" I begged as tears streamed down my face. "I need to see him. I feel... I feel this pain all over, he's not doing good. I don't how to explain but, I know."

She seemed to be surprised at my tears or words... Her eyes soften a little and pointed toward the dark woods that surrounded the castle. 

"Which way?" I asked, looking over to where she was pointing, the dark woods that seemed to consume all intruders. I swallowed my spit carefully.

"Listen and follow your heart, you'll know."

"Listen to my heart?" I asked and looked over to her again but she was gone. "Ah... Fine. Listen to my heart.  Ok... Follow my heart, listen to my heart, follow my heart... Ugh! Ardwyad!"

I kept mumbling the same sentences to myself... And also asking... where the hell is he! 

.

.

.

I kept running and running, deeper and deeper into the woods. The pounding in my head getting harder and harder by the second. Say the truth, I'm scared of the dark, but somehow right now all I can think about is him. I felt like a path seemed to form along the grass and trees. The moon up above seemed to be shining brighter and brighter, as time goes by. I kept running, something like a string seemed to pull me closer and closer... to him. Finally, I reached a pond that looked like the size of a swimming pool. The surface was glowing because of the reflection of the bright moon. I could see something like a big block of wood floating in the middle of it. 

"Oh my God, Ardwyad!" I screamed loudly and jumped into the pond. The water got deeper and deeper as I got closer and closer to him. "Ardwyad! Get the hell up!"

I screamed and screamed until I finally reached him...I was barely able to breathe because the water has reached all the way to my neck.

"Hey," I said and shivered with chattering teeth. "Please wake up..."

No answer. 

Is he dead?

The word 'Dead' struck me hard. Maybe this is what a mate bond feels like. I don't think I have the strength to leave him... Not again.

Finally, I had to just grab him by one arm, swimming with the other arm, also pulling him with all my strength. It took a very long time because he was taller than me and way heavier than me.

.

.

.

After what feels like centuries... I finally got him out of that freezing water. 

"Ardwyad!" I shouted, slapping him hard on the cheeks.

"Ugh..." He groaned and coughed some water and blood out.

"What were you thinking!" I shouted and gasped.

The moon was covered by the clouds, but now it's out again. It seemed as if the moon was shining only on us. I was able to see his face. He wasn't wearing a shirt, only a pair of jeans. His whole body was covered with sores, burns, and boils.

"Who did this to you?" I asked with tears streaming down my face, I never thought that I could ever be so worried about someone else. My chest felt like it was on fire.

"The water... Vervain... I needed to... Calm down... and... Think." Ardwyad explained with many chokes and coughs, he kept groaning. The good thing was that his wounds were healing little by little.

"Are you crazy? You know you can't touch those weeds!" I shouted quietly. Trying not to get too excited.

"How did you know?" He asked, his swollen red eyes widened a little.

"I... uh... I don't know why I just know okay?!" I answered grouchily.

"Your memories are coming back..." He whispered with a faint smile. "I knew you would... I'm so, agh, so proud of you, baby."

"Just stop talking, okay?" I answered, but I couldn't help but smile when called me "baby". I hated myself for laughing and blushing at such a situation. Here I was, out here in the woods with a half-naked wounded guy. Just to be more dramatic, he was one of the sexiest men alive on earth. At least for me.

"Hey, you're not healing..." I said as I realized the healing of his wounds was getting slower and slower by the moment.

"I'm... fine!" Ardwyad said with his mouth tight in a thin line, with his face all scrunched up, he then tried to sit up but ended up falling back down with a "thud" and a loud groan. "D*mn it!"

"What are you doing! Are you always this reckless!" I cried, trying to think of some way to keep him alive. Until I suddenly remembered something very important. 

I bit hard unto my wrist to create a small cut and brought it over to Ardwyad. His eyes widened, the moment my wound touched the air. His eyes turned red and he jumped up toward me in such speed I couldn't explain.

"Ardwyad..." I whispered and stared at his face curiously. His fangs stuck out and his eyes pierced into mine with lust. His hands were on my shoulders, and my back against the soft grass. I didn't feel scared, because I knew he wouldn't hurt me. Ardwyad then suddenly came back to himself and jumped back hitting hard on the grass. He was panting hard and his eyes turned black.

"Why did you do that? You never do this in front of a wounded vampire!" He shouted. "You could have got yourself killed! Again..." His voice got smaller and smaller until he finished his sentence with guilt all over his face.

"Hey!" I said and pulled his face toward mine gently. "Ardwyad, listen to me."

He almost jumped when I called him Ardwyad.

"You can do this... You will be able to stop yourself. I know... Now, drink... the blood, and get well. So we can go home. Okay?" I said gently with comfort.

"No... I won't be able to stop myself... Your blood is special... It's not as easy as you think... I..."

"Shh..." I place my index fingers on his lips the way Katerina did in my dream. "Aren't you the Prince of Darkness? I believe in you."

He hesitated for the longest time and finally held my wrist to his mouth slowly. His shiny white fangs stuck out and pierced into my skin. I jumped a little, surprised at how much it hurt. He looked over to me checking if I'm okay and then started to drink. I feel my head getting a little dizzy, but I know what I'm doing is right. For the first time...

.

.

.

Hey guys~! 

How was this chapter huh? You know, I really wish you guys can share this story with some friends and comment okay? Also! Do not forget to vote!

Bye~!