Chapter 11

Vampires...

What are Vampires... Bloodthirsty monsters? Cold-blooded? Emotionless cruel demons...

What are Mates? Adam and Eve?

I looked deeper and deeper, scanning my eyes across everything. Everything that I found and everything that might lead to...

The truth!

Suddenly, something caught my eyes.

"The special ability of The Cold Blooded"

I clicked in, but then someone knocked on my door again. Good thing it was locked so the person that tried to come in, failed.

"Who is it?" I called out quietly like a mouse scared to be caught.

"It's me. Jay!" Jayden called from outside my room. "I ordered some pizza and I was wondering if you want some, and... I need to talk to you." His voice sounded deeper and louder than usual.

"Can it be later? I'm very busy!" I shouted angrily. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten angry, but I'm always like this to him, so it should be okay. "Why aren't you coming to school?!"

But... This time, he didn't just laugh it off...

"I said I need to talk to you!!!" Jay shouted loudly as he knocked on my door harshly, violently throwing the pizza box onto the floor. I think the door really started to crack, I heard the squeaks. "Just get the hell out, please!"

I froze. Jay never talked to me like that, who would talk to their sister like that? I mean, I am not his true sister. Maybe he already knows? Maybe it's time for me to face him.

I unlocked the door slowly, seeing Jay leaning on the right side of my door. The light wasn't on, everything was cold and dark. The pizza was all over the floor, the box was totally out of shape. I made sure I didn't let any emotion show.

"Sorry about the pizza... I'll order another one." He said apologetically.

"Forget about the pizza."

"Sorry about the door."

I turned around and looked at my door. It had a dint with the shape of someone's hand on it. Around it, everything was cracked. I felt scared, and my hands were shaking, but I didn't want to show my fear to him.

"Forget about the door."

"Sorry for yelling at you, I can't... I can't control my temper these days, or... anymore."

"Forget about the tempers. I don't care." The words came out before I was able to stop myself.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Beth! Sorry, I can't! It's just that everything is going wrong!"

"I told you. Forget about the tempers."

"Fine! Can you come downstairs?"

"Of course."

The whole entire conversation was cold. I had a blank face, I stared right into Jay's eyes. He kept trying to avoid eye contact, for sure something was troubling him, and I am sure that it had something to do with me.