Chapter 7

#'Cause I can't get you off my mind,
Can't get you off my mind.#

--Lost in Japan

After a few hours, the bell rang downstairs, so I had to stop in the middle of an essay and one direction song. If I hadn't mentioned, I loved listening to 1D songs when I'm studying, because their music cheers me up all the time!

"Coming!" I yelled when the bell rang again. I opened the door and regretted even coming downstairs. I tried closing the door right away but was stopped by my visitor.

"Beth..." Westin said as he forced the door open. "I'm here to apologize..."

"Huh! Why should you apologize, you never did anything to me... Why don't you go be with your POPULAR friends, instead of hanging out with a scum like me."

My words came out before I even processed them. 

"Come on, Beth, don't talk like that. You know I don't..."

Deep down, I felt really bad for being angry, but I had all the right to be mad. "No, don't interrupt, let me finish. When I needed help the most that day at the cafeteria, where were you?"

"I..."

"See? You were there, but you did nothing. When I needed you, and when I broke my... Anyways. Flame, Jestin, and Tobias were the ones that helped me; but, you and Crystal did nothing. I was so stupid to even consider you guys as my best friends. You didn't even come to see me. You guys were running away... I, I hate it when people do that!" By now, I felt more sad than angry, yet I allowed no tears to come out. "And I promise I won't be needing your help anymore!"

"Flame... Jestin... Tobias... Beth, don't you talk about them ever again." Westin said looking at me straight in the eyes. It sent me cold shivers but I did not back down. I wanted to show him that I was not weak; I will prove to him and all of them that I am much tougher than that.

This is me. This is Beth, Elizabeth. Not Katerina. 

However, it doesn't take away from the fact that I still needed to know who Katerina is...

.

.

.

After the fight between Westin and I, I've been going to school by myself. Ever since I shut the door on him. 

The rest of the week was normal, and let's just ignore the fact that I was stuck with 3 giants every day and almost everywhere.

Come on, it wasn't that bad...

Every day we would sit on top of the school roof. Enjoying the peace and quietness, with the warm wind blowing against our faces. Jestin was quiet, but every once in awhile I would catch him staring at me, and whenever we make eye contact he would pretend like he was reading his book. Tobias was just normal. He would get very uneasy when I was around him, so I just stuck to Flame. 

Anyways, life was cool.

Every day I would get hundreds and hundreds of texts from Westin and Crystal, but I ignored all of them. I know I should forgive them, I know I already did, but somehow... Deep inside me. Something or someone is telling me that I should hurry and leave them and, go back with Tobias.

Wait! Back? Where?

"Flame!" I suddenly whispered, breaking the comfortable silence.

Flame, who was sitting beside me and drinking from his thermos started choking. He was coughing like nuts! His tomato juice got all over his mouth... He wiped it away in a second and paid full attention to me. From the corner of my eye, I could see Tobias frowning at Flame's sudden coughs.

"Yes... Ahem! Little girl. You wanted to ask me something?"

"Yeah... Are you guys gonna take me back or take me somewhere?" I asked quietly, barely able to hear my voice.

The other two boys' heads shot right up, and they all turned toward me now. We were sitting on top of the school roof, the wind was soft, I could feel my hair being blown softly by the spring wind. It felt very good, but how did Jestin and Tobias hear me, they were sitting far away from me. Only Flame was sitting beside me, making sure I don't fall. Then, as if someone told me...

Sharp hearings, duh...

I was sure that this whisper was not from Flame. This whisper sounded like the voice of a child. 

"How the fuck, who told you?" Tobias asked shortly, looking intensely at me.

"Did someone tell her something?" Jestin asked. 

'Oh my gosh, all of you, chill... It's just girl's sixth sense, ok?" I laughed nervously. "It's just that somehow deep down inside I know I don't belong here. I don't feel happy here with my Uncle. I want to leave here.' I said quickly, my heart starting beating super quickly. The air around me seemed to get thin, and I struggled to breathe.

'Are you okay?' Tobias said, and in a "whoosh" sound he was beside me. His face was blurry because my eyes had begun to tear up. He held my hands tightly in his and studied my face worriedly. The moment our fingers touched, my whole body relaxed. I was able to breathe normally again.

"Thank you..." I said gratefully and smiled. 

"R... really?"Tobias asked worriedly, and still holding my hands in his.

For the first time, I was able to study Tobias's face carefully. His grey-blue eyes were clear like diamonds, his messy curly brown hair, his pale skin, his perfect eyebrows, and finally, his lips...

Kiss him!

Hell no! Of course not!

"I, I'm fine!' I managed to say, but I still couldn't tear my eyes from looking into his. "I'm fine... Just, you're too beautiful."

His eyes widened for a while, finally, he smiled and relaxed a little. 

"You can look at me all day if you want." He said with a playful smile and handed me his hand. I took it and stood up.

"Come on, let's go to class," I said and tied my hair up in a ponytail. 

.

.

.

After I finished the last bit of my homework, I was super tired, but my mind just would not let me sleep. There were just too many questions that needed to be answered. 

Ok, let's go one question at a time.

I opened chrome on my pc, and typed, "Supernatural creature that moves like lightning".

Many things came out. Too much.

Old gods... Wolves... Bears... Deers... And even Bats...

Wow...

Then, something caught my eyes. The cold-blooded ones...

The cold-blooded... 

I was just about to click it when...

.

.

.