Chapter 24

.

Caroline slept well, for the first time in weeks. It was not the deep slumber of the starving, or the restless sleep of the scared, or the waking nightmare of checking on the man beside her every few minutes. It was the sleep of someone who feels safe, finally and she revelled in it.

Waking slowly, she registered the morning light filtering into her room first, and then the warm, hard arms around her. She smiled a little, pushing herself a little back against him, enjoying the comforting feel of him at her back, warm and getting well. Still, old habits die hard, and she still turned over gently, careful not to touch his wound, and stared at him. In the morning light, he was all golden stubble and tawny eyelashes. His eyes opened then, and she realised he was also awake, enjoying their closeness. His eyes, blue and clear, and she rejoiced seeing them, she had feared for him so, when he couldn't see, when the darkness had crowded in on him.

He trailed a hand down her arm, above the covers, slowly, and goosebumps chased his fingers. She felt locked in his gaze, stray shafts of sunlight, falling in patches over them. Neither spoke, but she felt as though her eyes held a constant stream of conversation with his. His hand continued it's lazy motions, moving up to her hair, running his fingers though it, and she smiled slightly, at the pleasurable sensation. His fingers then made it to her cheek, where they stroked her skin, his touch reverent. Suddenly, wishing to somehow express how she was feeling inside, she caught his fingers, and moved them to her mouth, where she placed a soft kiss on his hand. His smile curved irrepressibly, and he mirrored her gesture, pulling her hand to his mouth, though, he turned hers over, and pressed a light kiss into the palm. He glanced down at it. A slight frown marred his brow as he took in her fingers, still rough and burnt from her days at the cabin. Breaking fire wood, carrying buckets to and from the well, cooking over the fire, had all taken their toll on her fingers, and he now raised each one, and pressed a kiss to the tip, as though he could erase the marks. Capturing the whole thing, he moved closer, placing her small hand against his heart. She could feel it's beat, now so strong, like a lion's and gripped the laces of his shirt slightly, and tugged him forward. He came willingly, his expression a mixture of intensity and tenderness. He cradled her face between both his hands, marvelling over it's perfection. But, it was her look that struck him mute, stilled him to his core. She was looking at him, without fear, without hate or distrust. In her eyes, he felt, perhaps for the first time what it was to be needed, wanted... truly wanted, every part of him.

He lowered his mouth to hers, hearing her soft sigh as their lips met. The kiss was gentle, a light grazing to begin with, then he dipped his mouth, tasting her, savouring her, and she responded, lifting her head to press more firmly against him. He felt the incredible build up within him, of all the time he had wanted her, longed for her, dreamed of her. She gasped as he moved his mouth to her jaw and started kissing along it. Her hands clutched at his shoulders, she was powerless to do anything else, her body was a stranger to her now, the sensations so foreign. He reached her ear, and softly drew her lobe into his mouth, and she jerked at the sudden sting of pleasure. Smiling against her neck, he continued his journey downwards, his hands pulling her closer to him, easing the straps of her lacy gown from her shoulders. Her breath hitched, and he waited for her to push him away, leaning back a little he met her eyes, and stilled, waiting for her to guide him.

She swallowed, her lips pink from their kisses, watching him intently, seeing the questioning look. Her body was on fire, and she fought to keep her head. All she could think of was his hands on her body, and what would happen next, and how it could possibly feel. It scared her, as it thrilled her. Making a decision, she steeled herself and then dropped her shoulder deliberately, letting the strap of her gown slip further down her arm.

They both watched it's descent, and then his mouth was back on hers. She let herself relax under his sensuous movements, willing herself to relax, though every touch of his fingers literally made her jump. His fingers dragged the strap down, and she untangled her arm from the silky fabric. She felt the cool air against her skin, and looked up to see Klaus gently peeling the oyster coloured silk and lace away from her chest. His expression was one of wonder, and she smiled at it. He made her feel like a goddess, made flesh. He stared down, before lowering his face, pressing a kiss onto her breast, his hand coming to cup it, rolling his thumb over her nipple, then encapsulating it in his mouth. At the hot, wet sensation, Caroline cried out, jolting up in bed, her hands automatically going to his head, holding it against her, and he growled with satisfaction, smiling against her breast, his hands slipping around her back, pulling her to him as her head fell backwards, riding the waves of sensations rushing over her, as his tongue swirled.

The Devil In MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara