Chapter 17: Changes

Isabella's POV:

The gentle breeze filled the room causing my toes to curl up as the cold but fresh air brushed against my uncovered feet. The light sound of crashing waves sounded in the background like an alarm telling my blissful self to get up and get on with the day, but my body refused to move away from the feather like mattress. I let out a sigh of contentment as I snuggled into the duvet and pushing my face further into the pillow that reminded me of clouds. I could stay this way forever and I would die happily.

I wish mother nature showed me sympathy for my previous situations and granted me the wish to freeze this moment in time. It was perfect. But no wish would be answered today or ever. I was now bound to this man until death do us part probably without the chance of divorce. He was too possessive and cruel. Although I was surprised by his tender voice and soft gestures last night.

After everything I had seen, he opened up a little of himself and showed me for the first time that he is not a monster. From the few days I'd been with him, I'd learnt that he was a forceful man, dominant and drunk on power and due to his previous actions I thought he'd force himself upon me.

Shuddering at the dark memories, I remember back to when he had clambered on me. Something had flashed in his eyes, an unknown emotion to him. Time had slowed down and I remembered how I glanced into his eyes and to my surprise I could tell he was struggling with something. It was as if he was having an internal battle fighting against his usual malicious and ruthless ways. Would he change for me?

Groaning at my pathetic thoughts I pull my heavy and worn out body out of the warmth and rest against the headboard. Expecting the coldness to hit me suddenly, I dragged up the duvet, but was only met with warmth.

Turning my head to the bedside table beside me I glanced at the clock and my eyes widened reading it was 1:20pm. I never normally sleep this late.

Then again it's not normal to be forcefully married and spanked by a mafia brute.

Frantically looking from side to side praying that James hadn't been sat in the room watching all my weird antics. But he was nowhere to be seen. Thank the lord above.

Leaning back against the headboard I gaze out to the clear blue ocean and decide to take a dip in it later on. By myself, not with James. I close my eyes and lean forward eager to smell the ocean, however, an even better smell fills my nostrils and my head slowly turns towards the sweet smell evading my senses and I open up my eyes and let out a small squeal in delight.

FOOD.

A tray was placed on the bedside table furthest away from me carrying an array of food

A tray was placed on the bedside table furthest away from me carrying an array of food. It smelt so delicious. Clambering up from my sunken spot on the bed I hurried over to the tray but scrunched my nose up in distaste.

It looks too healthy.

My stomach started grumbling furiously and I shrugged off my annoyance at the lack of greasy foods on the tray. Ignoring the fruit I pick up the golden croissant and take a big bite. An involuntary moan escapes my lips at the mouth watering taste of the croissant and sugary powder on top of it.