Chapter 5: Reunited

Isabella

I laid on the leather sofa staring up at the patterned ceiling that I'd always hated. It reminded me of my Grandparents house.

My head was still spinning with all that had happened last night. Truthfully I was surprised I had managed to remember most of it. I had also checked out the window once again to see if the car was still there, but it had gone.

As I laid there still lost in my thoughts I looked over to the coffee table as my phone buzzed loudly. Picking up my phone, I squinted at the bright light of the screen and rubbed my eyes profusely. Giving myself a minute to readjust my eyes to the bright light I unlocked my phone and stared at the new message.

Hey Izzy,
Me and my boys are going out tonight to celebrate my new promotion ;) If you and Lou want you're more than welcome to join us. We're going to The Rubare for 11pm. You can find us in the VIP section. Hoping to see you there.
Tom x

I smiled at the message. The feeling of butterflies built up in my stomach at the thought of seeing him again. How did he even get my number?

Tears began to prick at the lining of my eyes as I remembered the old memories I had with him. The countless walks in the park, the pranks we pulled on each other and the first time I felt something different for him. But it was at the same time that I was dating my ex. He would get jealous of our close friendship and threatened me if I ever spoke to him again. He erased any and every existence of Tom from my phone. Photos, messages and his number, gone. I hadn't seen or heard from Tom in 2 years.

These past few days have been unreal. A new confident me, a strange mysterious man and now I hear from Tom after 2 years. I didn't know whether to breakdown or laugh. I

Looking back at the message, I decided not to respond. I wanted to surprise him.

Staring up at the clock in the living room, I saw it was now 11:30am and I had been waiting for Louise to wake up for ages now.

Even though I had left her passed out in the hallway last night, when I came down this morning she had somehow managed to take herself into her bedroom.

Slowly ascending up the stairs, I stumbled into Lou's room and to my surprise Louise was already up and sat at her dresser wiping off last night's makeup.

I noticed her glance at me through the reflection before turning around to look at me.

"You good Izzy? You look like you've seen a ghost" she muttered out while picking at a piece of chocolate cake she had beside her.

We had every intention of ordering pizza last night, but we were too drunk and sleep was more appealing at the time.

"I heard from someone I haven't spoken to in years. And as a result of this surprise message you better drink plenty of water and get some greasy food in your system, we're going out hard tonight".

Louise looked up at me, startled by the words coming out of my mouth.

"Did you, Isabella just tell me that we're going out hard tonight? Normally it's me dragging your lame ass out with me" Louise snickered as she remembered all the times she quite literally dragged me out with her.

I jumped onto her bed, pulled out my phone excitedly and opened up the text message from Tom before showing it to Louise.

She grabbed my phone and I watched eagerly as her eyes scanned over the message.