Chapter 16: Softer side

James' POV:

I watched as my princess settled down in a chair in the corner of my private jet. My inner dominance was telling me to pick her up and hold her on my lap, but she's been through enough for now, so I'll let her be. Choosing to sit on the chair on the opposite side I sit down in it and stare at my beautiful princess snuggled into the chair. She's adorable. And she's all mine.

The captain made an announcement and takeoff was underway. From the corner of my eye I could see my wife rest her head against her knees. She's not slept properly since she came into my grasp. Looking down at my watch I see that it's 5pm. It's going to be a long journey, but that means that hopefully my wife can have a long peaceful sleep.

After all, she'll need her energy.

2 hours have gone by and I'm sipping my water whilst working on my laptop trying to catch up on all the work I've missed.

Glancing at my wife as she sleeps soundly on the chair I notice that she begins to toss and turn slightly. Her body starts trembling slightly and I pick my laptop up and move it aside. Abruptly standing up I walk over to the other side of the jet and open up a cupboard pulling out several materials. Placing down a cushion on my chair, I carry a fluffy blanket over to my princess and gently wrap it around her small frame. I turn to sit back in my chair but a small whimper escapes her lips and I turn back around watching her intently.

Carefully wrapping my arms around her waist and under her legs I gently lift her up into my arms and carry her bridal style to my recliner. Sitting myself down on my chair I carefully position my princess on my lap. Pressing the button on the side of my chair, the recliner slowly lifts up and the chair leans back half turning into a single bed. Looking down at my sleep, I let out a deep sigh in relief to see that my princess was still in a deep sleep and had not been disturbed.

My heart swelled as my wife snuggled into my body and stretched her legs out to make herself comfortable. She was laid completely on top of me like a blanket, and my god she was so warm. So warm that I don't think I needed a blanket, but I didn't want my kitten cold so I picked up the blanket and wrapped it over both of us. Her head was lifted up slightly, but I instantly placed my hand on her head and rested it on my chest. She let out a sigh of content and I hummed in satisfaction. Everything was coming together. Slowly.

I spent the rest of the flight holding my wife securely in my arms and soon enough we had landed.

"We've arrived baby" I whisper into her ear and she hummed in response.

I chuckled softly and stood up with her still in my arms and I walked down the stairs of the jet with Isabella still wrapped up securely in my arms.

A car pulled up outside the jet and men hurried to load our suitcases into the boot of the car.
I quickly walked to the car and signalled for a man to open the door and once opened I carefully entered in and sat down, resting my wife on my chest. She must be exhausted.

The car started and we began our journey to our bungalow by the beach.

Looking down at my phone I went to my settings and changed the time zone. It was 2:38pm and I smiled meaning we still had a lot of time to relax and explore.

After a 40 minute car journey we pull up to the bungalow. Isabella was still asleep in my arms and I carefully get out of the car with her still in my arms.

I looked out to the crisp blue ocean and inhale a deep breath of air. Perfect.

"Boss the suitcases are in your bungalow". one of my men speaks up and I look at him and nod in appreciation. They take their leave and bid us farewell.