twelve | cherries and wine

'' I like the snake on your tattoo ''

***

Drip. Drip. Drip.

My eyes snapped open and I immediately started screaming.

Baekhyun nearly had a heart-attack from the surprise and I covered my face with my hands. It wasn't that I woke up to an unpleasant sight or something like that. It was just that I wasn't expecting to open my eyes and come face to face with the view of Baekhyun in the shower, first thing in the morning. '' You could've woken me up! ''

'' I was trying, but you were sleeping like a rock, '' the mafia leader calmly answered and turned around to face me. He was still standing in the shower and I quickly rolled on my stomach. I noticed only then all the shampoos, toothbrushes and similar things that Baekhyun stacked on my body when he found me sleeping in the bathtub. That was where I passed out after coming home completely drunk the previous night. I made a poor attempt to remove my clothes and take a shower and that resulted only in to me tripping and falling while I was trying to pull off my socks. I collapsed in to the bathtub and stayed there until the morning.

'' Are you clothed? '' I mumbled, still hiding my face in my hands.

I could hear him walking around the bathroom before he hummed in affirmation. I reluctantly opened one of my eyes, only to shriek and quickly close it again. He childishly laughed and wrapped a towel around his waist. '' Are you planning to tell me why were you even sleeping in the bathtub? You know, if your bed is not comfortable enough, you can totally crash in mine. ''

'' I might have had a little too much to drink. You should've seen me arguing with the building guards downstairs when I was trying to walk in to a glass wall for at least fifteen minutes. Not to mention our neighbours that now hate us because I was banging on their door at three in the morning, because I mistook their apartment for ours... '' I slowly sat up and massaged my temples. The feeling of the strong headache instantly made me squirm and my features twisted in to a cringe.

Baekhyun squatted down in front of me and took a hold of one of my arms. He inspected the cuts that were on it, before looking at my face and lightly poking another one that was on my cheek. I hissed in pain, making him roll his eyes and murmur: '' Save that for when I bring out the first aid kit and dunk your head in to a bucket of disinfectant. Don't move. It's only going to hurt if you try to move and run. ''

He stood up and made his way out of the bathroom and I cringed and yelled after him: '' Is that supposed to make me feel better? Because that is exactly the kind of things that they say in scary movies! ''

I heard him chuckle, but he didn't say anything in response. It didn't take long before he came back, wearing pants instead of a towel and carrying the first aid kit that was always opened and prepared on the table in our kitchen. I found myself staring at the gunshot scar on his exposed chest, before my gaze wandered up to the snake tattoo on his neck and then to his eyes. My cheeks slightly reddened when I saw that he caught me looking. I quickly lowered my head, laid back down and held my wounded arm in his direction.