nine | saints and sinners

'' you can be the boss, daddy

you can be the boss

bad to the bone, sick as a dog ''

***

The rock music that was blasting from the speakers was making me feel shivers under my skin and my gaze kept wandering towards the mafia leader Cobra. The pool area of the penthouse apartment was illuminated by the faint moonlight and the blue lights under the water were throwing shadows on his body. His chest was exposed and I couldn't help it but to watch the way his muscles flexed while he was swimming. His dark hair was wet and slicked back, his eyes were covered by goggles and narrowed in complete concentration and at one point I completely gave up on the pushups that I was supposed to be doing.

The snake on his neck tattoo was mesmerising and he was too.

He put his hands on the edge of the pool and skilfully lifted himself out of it. Water dripped down from his muscles, hair and black swimsuit. He let out a sigh as he stretched his arms and his fingers grazed an old gunshot scar. Then he glanced over his shoulder, his eyes met mine and an amused smirk formed on his face. '' Your mouth is open, Miji. ''

'' I am trying to catch some of the flies that were attacking me while I was asleep last night. '' I lowered my head and my cheeks slightly reddened in embarrassment. '' This penthouse has a serious mosquito problem. Also, stop using that nickname. I don't know how you even came up with it. It just sounds like you are too lazy to say my full name. ''

Baekhyun chuckled in amusement and prepared to jump in the water once again. '' I was joking actually, but now I know that you really were staring at me. I told you that you could join me even if you don't have a swimsuit. I wouldn't mind. ''

Baekhyun jumped back in to the pool and started swimming again. He was doing that a lot lately. It was the best that he could do to get back in the shape that he used to be in before he almost died, even if he did warn me about how he was planning to join me with my combat training soon. I didn't do that in the past, but I changed my mind now that things were starting to become more intense and dangerous.

'' Did you remember anything new? '' I asked, while laying on the edge of the pool and looking up at the dark night sky. My voice was quiet and I was thinking about what Sehun told me. The drug lord said that Cobra and Python were going to become partners that night. Then something went wrong and Baekhyun almost died, but there was no doubt that he was the one who shot first.

That was why Chanyeol seemed so betrayed when he realised that I was on his rival's side.

Did the same faith await me too?