5.

...a week later

Veronica

I sat in my shop, getting my hair done by one of my hair stylist.

"A middle part sew in?" She asked and I nodded, looking down at my atrocious nails.

"Next stop is the nailery." I said with a screwed face.

"Girl, I'm having man problems again." A women that was sitting across from me spoke to Shakirah, one of the hair stylist.

"What's going on now?" Shakirah asked her and I just sat there being nosy.

"He cheated on me." She said.

"What?" Everybody in the shop said, looking over to them.

"Yes." She shook her head.

"Who Jeffrey?" One of the other hair stylist spoke and she nodded.

"Girl, we all told you to leave him a long time ago." Shakirah spoke and everyone nodded their heads.

"Who did he cheat with?" Someone asked.

"The woman he works for." She said simply.

"What?" Everyone said and I shook my head.

That was the exact reason why I wasn't rushing to be in a relationship, I didn't have time for the nonsense.

I sat there for a few moments, listening in on the conversation more before my phone buzzed.

Sincere:
What's up, you coming to my tattoo-a-thon today?

Sincere and I were still seeing each other and getting to know each other, it's been about a month now but recently I started to distance myself because there was too much gossip and jealousy going on for me. Sincere was a hot commodity, everyone in the city knew who he was and a lot of women wanted him including Tati's friend, Myiesha.

I hadn't told Sincere about the little argument that went down in his shop a week ago and I didn't plan to. I just needed to distance myself from him but we were still friends, nonetheless.

I sat my phone in my lap after reading the message, not responding.

"V." My sister called as she came walking in.

"Hey, sis." I said as she sat in the chair next to me.

"Your hair looks a mess." I said noticing her hair was all over the place.

"Alright, bitch. Come do it then." She said making me laugh.

"I will, when she's finished." I said referring to Halo who was in the processing of braiding my hair down.

"What do you want done?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Wash and curl, I guess." She said and I nodded.

"I'm going to the nail salon after this." I spoke, looking down at her nails that needed to be done too.

"Yes, I'm going with you. I need my nails done bad." She said, looking at her nails and I nodded.