16

I sit at the dining table looking at my plate. Everyone else is submerged in conversation. About elven life. Harjos victories to become the feared Lycon and Justins plans for the kingdom once he is king. Its all so... plain. So normal. I feel like the strange one again. Like the day I arrived and everyone looked at me like an animal. And now, there really is an animal at the table and I still feel like the one who should be in a cage.
"Its not always easy being the leader is it" I turn to Albert whos just smiling to me. Leant back with his hands crossed on his stomach "you'll have to get used to feeling so unintouch with them all. Listening in but not knowing how to be involved" he raises his glass to me "you know my dear... we are actually quite alike" were worlds apart! "You want your home back. To bring it back to life... all I've ever wanted was to keep my kingdom growing and prospering... and when your father agreed to the engagement. Thats what I saw... I enjoyed your father. He was a good man! A good king"
"I dont want to talk about him"
He stares at me "yes well... I'm trying to help you understand. Sometimes. You have to be unrational to suit the better cause" unrational? "I, could, have taken the kingdom... I could have... but I didnt. I gave your family a choice... and they chose right... it was such a shock to see you back alive and to see what you've become. Well, I don't think my son could have held you down long" I dont understand?
"Father! Thats enough"
"What? Im simply telling the girl that it might have been best how it all panned out! Shes become a strong women, your engaged, look at us all... were growing together. A small sacrifice to the better good"
"Excuse me" I push my chair back and have to run from the room. A small sacrifice?
"Trisha!" I run to the room I was given initially and stare at it. The finaries! The expences! I throw everything off the dresser. Flip the bed. Punch into the mirror. Small sacrifice?!
"Wow! Stop! Stop!" Im grabbed but I turn and throw my fist into the face. Pip falling back and stares up at me shocked.
"He has no idea" I want to destroy something! I take the Tiara that was left so carefully on the pillow "Sacrifice?! A small sacrifice Pip?"
He gets to his feet and the door opens wider. Harjo, Justin and Matilino come in. Looking at the damages room
"Trisha... what he said was wrong... I'll talk to him" how can he say that? If my father had said that, even as a child. Id never forgive him!
"Patrisha, calm yourself. He is an angry man"
"Sweetheart your bleeding... let us help you and we can play... alright?"
"Play... thats all this is to you all! Its all a game!" I throw the Tiara to the ground "but this is my life your all playing! Get out!"
"Trish-"
"Out!"
Justin steps forward "it isn't a game... if we were playing, none of us would be here" he nods then leaves the room. Matiloni next.
"Its ok to be angry my queen" he looks back at Pip "look after her"
He closes the door and Pips stood there looking at the ground "they'll never understand Trish... but their trying to"
"How arent you mad? Why dont you want to hurt him?!"
"Because I grieved and accepted it all a long time ago. You didnt" Accept it? "Nothing anyone says, good, bad. Will change it. I accepted that. It shouldn't have happened! But it did... you still can't accept it Trish...otherwise you wouldn't still be angry"
"We should have died that day"
"But we didn't. And we are fighting for everyone that did. One thing he said was right... all that loss, it wasnt a small sacrifice. It was immence! But, its brought 3 species together that shouldn't be able to cope in the same room together. To fight for whats been taken"
"How can a man be so cruel"
"I don't think he's ever lost anything that really matters to him. I dont think there is anything he cares about. Not even his son"
He bends down and picks up a single diamond from the smashed tiara "I'm keeping this. Once we get home I'm going to buy one of the fancier homes"
... I cant help but laugh and he just wraps his arms around me "your lucky I love you kid"
"I love you too. Im sorry I hit you"
"Oh yeah" he bends again and gets another "I'll take this as your apology... come on... you always napped after one of you tantrums"
What?! "I dont have tantrums"
He looks around the room pointedly "I uh... I beg to differ" He jumps back on the bed and taps beside him "I swear, when your officially queen. If Im not titled something good. Im going to be really pissed"
I crawl up the bed and cruel into his arm "how about captain royal pain in the queens butt"
He nods "I like it! Means I can make a nuisance and never been shamed for it!"
We lie back in silence until were both relaxed and I've calmed down a lot "Harjo was right... its alright to be angry... just remember to calm down"
I smile and hold his hand "that's why I have you... you let me out of my cage"
He chuckles "you're not a bird who should be caged Trish... your to wild hearted for any of that"
Wild hearted? "Then make sure I dont get trapped"
He squeezes me tighter, kissing my hair "Never"