14

I sit in the library watching everyone argue. And I'm sat here with a towel wrapped around me not really listening. If they cant get on here. How will they fight together. Between Albert, Justin. Toby, Pip. Harjo, Brent and Driatro and Matiloni. No one has room to say anything.
But the fire here is beautiful. And this is probably the most comfortable I've been in a long time. Its just like the library at home. Dusty. Old and warm.
"So what happens next daddy?"
"Her daddy picked her up and took her to bed! Thats what happened!" He picked me up and tickled me. Making me laugh.
"No daddy! What happened next! In the story!"
"Well save it for another day! How about that?!" The door knocks and he stops tickling me "come in"
"Your majesty. Kind Alberts here" my father stopped tickling me and turns more serious.
"Right... sweetheart. Why dont you go to bed"
"I dont want to daddy"
"I know sweetheart. But I need you too. I'll come say good night soon. Promise"
"Ok. I love you daddy"
I run from his lap and crash right into someone. Falling back on my bum and look up at the boy. The man shakes his head and walks in. Ignoring me. The boy bends down to me "are you alright?"  He had beautiful blue eyes.
"Yeah. My butt hurts" He chuckles and takes my hands helping me up.
"Patrisha! Bed!"
I jump and run towards my room. He only shouts like that when he's mad. I look back at the boy who watches me smiling... he's nice
I climb into bed and waited. And waited... he never came. And I cried into my pillow.

"Trish?" I look up and shake the memory off "are you alright?"
I look at Justin... I bumped into him... he wasn't angry or horrible. He was worried. I had met him... "yes! Yeah. Im sorry!" I sit up and they've all turned to me "I'm sorry. It's been a long few days. I must have drifted. Whats been said?"
Toby shakes his head at me like a disappointed father. Pip, Brent and Harjo try not laugh. Albert looks bored. Matiloni and Driatro look like they always do. Justin just looks worried "alright. We've done for today. We'll talk about this tomorrow" he looks around at everyone.
"No! I'm fine. We can-"
"We'll continue in the morning" he raises a brow, obviously not in the mood for a discussion about it.
"Dipshits right... you should sleep"
Justin sighs and shakes his head and I want to laugh at them. But I won't. They all get up and start leaving. But I stay where I am.
"Trish?" I look up at Justin
"Can we talk for a minute?"
He looks back at the door and nods. Getting up and closes it "whats wrong?"
"Nothing... nothing, I just... I dont really know" he frowns and sits opposite me "I feel like you're the only one who really understand what I'm going through"
"Fair enough. What is it you'd like to talk about?"
I pull my knees up and lean on the sofa arm "anything... nothing. Anything thats not about a palace or a fight"
He frowns "um... and you chose me to talk to. The one who knows little about anything else?"
I chuckle "thats exactly why... pip used to take me on a swing outside the palace and talk about all sorts of things and I feel like you never had that friend... if you could be anything at all. What would it be?"
He stares at me "I uh... I don't know... a uh... a bird"
I smile at him "really... thats interesting... whyd you say that?"
he looks to the ground "because I remember you saying no one here knows what its like to be free... like a bird"
I smile and cuddle my knees "Tell me about your best chapter"
"Chapter?" He chuckles and leans forward "in a book?"
"No. In your life" he obviously doesnt understand what I mean. The way hes looking at me "you know... best memories"
He sighs "my mum" his mum? The queen... I'd never heard of her "she was the most beautiful women you could meet. She loved everyone"
"It must have been nice"
He nods "she died when I was 9. Some kinda accident on the road. Since then everything just turned grey. My father... well you've worked him out yourself. Then I met this girl" he smiles "she was so bright..."
"She sounded important"
He nods "she was to me"
"What happened?"
He gets up and walks away. Looking out the window "she died"
Oh god. I follow after him and put my hand on his shoulder "I'm sorry"
He chuckles and just shakes his head "it's alright... she was always going to be too good for me" wow! A prince who thought he wasnt good enough! "Now I've told you some of my secrets. What about you?"
"I dont remember many good memories before... I remember playing with Toby... I once tried baking a cake and forgot I put it in the oven. Kitchen went up like a candle" he chuckles "I was in so much trouble"
"I bet"
"But toby always made me feel better... always. He told me I used to pretend I was getting married. Pretending to be a wife. But I don't really remember much about that... but I finally remember seeing you. Your father came while me and my dad was in the library and I ran into you?"
He chuckles and nods "I remember... 'my butt hurts'"
"Yeah! That's it! You seemed like a nice boy back then"
"What are you saying?" Oh. Stepped into that "I wasn't always as serious as I am now...That was the day my father waged war"
The fateful day! "We would have been married by now... everything would have been so different"
"It is what it is... now you should get to bed. We have a long day tomorrow"
"Yeah... well... good night Justin"
"Good night Trish"