2

I sit in the library, reading the stories of happily ever afters. And they lived happily. 
As soon as they'd told me, I ran from the room. Not one of them tried to come after me. Toby did, he chased me until he couldn't anymore. And he's still sat outside the locked library door. That was 2 hours ago now. But he hasn't complained once, not once. 
Justin... He hasn't even got a nice name! Justin! 
How could they not have at least warned me about it all. Prepared me from the start. Not my parents! Let make her feel safe, secure. She'll have men ask for her hand. No! Of course not! My hands already promised! 
"Patrisha?"
"I don't want to talk!" I call over to the door... "Did you know?"
"I'm no one with any position to know that sort of information sweetheart, you know that" I gulp and feel my eyes well up. Don't cry! Don't cry! I get up and unbolt the door. Toby falling back on the floor as the door leaves his back. He looks up at me "Oh sweetheart" He kneels up and wraps his arms around me "I'm so sorry"
"Why would they do this to me?!" I sob into his shoulder and he just keeps rubbing up and down my back "What have I done? What did I do for them to do that to me?!"
He leans back, taking my face in his hands "Nothing! You've done nothing wrong!" He kisses my forehead and pulls me into his chest again "This isn't something you've done sweetheart..."
"Is it true?" I look over his shoulder and Pip is in the door just watching me  cry "That's not fair! Toby! You have to talk to them!" 
"There's nothing I could do... You both know that" He wipes my tear and heads over to the table, picking up the book I'd left there and just wipes down his face "If I could do something, I would" I know he would. And the fact he cares more for my well being than my parents do; makes me wish I hadn't been born! "But I can do something... I'll come with you" What?! "I'll come with you south. I wont leave you alone" 
I run up to him and  wrap my arms around him again "I don't want to go Toby!" He strokes my hair back, cooing me like a small child. 
*BONG* ... *BONG*
We all freeze... don't ring again!
*BONG*
My arms grabbed and Toby pulls the pair of us out the room. The 3 long bells telling us the castles under attack. And already I hear people shouting, screaming. Getting ready. Men, women and children running through the hallways "No matter what! You stay with me!" Toby shouts over everyone, keeping me and Pip Close. 
I look out the windows and black orcs are climbing over the walls. A guard fighting one off but has another jump on his back. I watch as the orcs teeth sink into the mans throat before tearing away and blood floods down his body as the orcs start taking chunks out of his flesh... "Toby" 
"Don't look" Toby pulls his blade ready "Chester Keep up" He doesn't let go of me.
We get outside the castle and I see my father on his horse, swinging his blade at the animals that could pass for shadows. How did they get past the wards! He looks up at me briefly. And he actually has panic in his eyes for a second "Toby! Get her out!" 
Toby grabs my arm, pulling me behind him, swinging his sword, cutting through the Orc that howls out into the night, the green blood spraying over me and Pip. How did Toby learn to fight like that?! The way he moves is like a trained worrier! Pip Grabs me and keeps me behind him. A black shadow dropping in front of us. The teeth snarl at us. And there teeth that come straight from hell. Sharper than I've seen on anything. Blood dripping from its mouth...His eyes as black as its skin that you cant even see them.
Pip panics and rushes back, knocking us both to the ground and I scream, holding onto his shirt. It crawls over us, roaring... I feel Pip shaking, but keeps me covered. Protecting me
"Chester!" The Orc looks back and swips at Pips dad. but he avoids being hit and stabs his pitch fork into its head. Oh my god! The green blood splaying around the place like an explosion. Pip Is grabbed and his father wraps his arms around him "Princess! Come!" He takes my hand and pulls me up. Where's Toby?! I'm picked up and I look at Toby whos got a deep cut across his face, but he's carrying me towards the stables. Pip And his dad close behind. 
I'm chucked up on a horse before Toby jumps up behind me. Frank running around our feet growling at everything come near us. 
We start riding. Looking back at Pip and his father on their own horses rush after us. Pip catching us quickly. And his father catching us fast, but I see the black shadow fall on him. The horse collapsing as another grabs its neck, dragging it to the floor. Oh my god! His father stands, but the Orc that had already grabbed him jumps. Taking his head between its jaws and crushing it head as if it was nothing... 
Pip looks back "No! Father!" 
"Chester! He has gone! There is nothing you can do!" Toby orders.
Pip looks back at us sobbing, growling. He looks at me and I see his anger. His fear. But I see his sorrow more. 
I cant take my eyes off the castle that's getting further and further away. Seeing it light up with fire.
We head into the trees and Toby doesn't stop. He just rides. 
I don't know how long we rode. I don't know when we stopped. I don't know where we are. Or what happened...
"What's wrong with her?"
"She's in shock" Toby keeps the blanket tightly wrapped around me "Your safe now Trish" I'm safe? I'm safe! No! I'm not!
I take a deep breath and look at him "What do we do now?"