I look at her as if she's bogus.

"You wanna bet?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. She nods smugly, and this time, it's my turn to smirk. "Three, two, one...GO!"

We both stuff our mouths with huge slices of pancake. I take mine two at a time, focusing on my pancake only since looking at how much she's got left will distract me.

"DONE!" Ameena shrieks and I swallow my last bite, throwing my fork down in mock aggravation.

"God, dang it! I so thought I was gonna win," I sigh. Ameena shakes her head, laughing.

"Let's go," She says, racing me to the front doors.

Just as we're about to open them, they're thrown back for us. But, unfortunately, there are five boys standing there, all looking flushed and tired.

"Where are you guys going?" Ace asks curiously, and Ameena and I share a look.

"Pool," I quickly say.

"Beach," She says at the same time.

Before Ameena can say anything, I quickly speak.

"Where's Arsen?" I ask the boys.

"He had something to do...and since you girls are already ready, you're gonna have to ditch your plans for the pool and--" Noah's cute off by Jax.

"They're going to the beach, dude," He points out, and Noah glares at him in turn.

"You're going to have to ditch your plans for the beach and come with us. There's something we have to do," Noah carries on, with a serious expression on his usually soft face.

I share a look with Ameena and we both raise an eyebrow simultaneously.

"Yo!" Kade shouts from the car that's parked out front, and we quickly rush over to Noah's Mercedes.

If Arsen's Jaguar isn't here, then he's definitely gone somewhere. Besides, he's the type of person who'd never lend his car to another person.

Who am I kidding? He's a gang leader! Obviously, he wouldn't share his car.

I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that right now, I'm going to be sitting in a car with a gang.

"We're not all going to fit in," I tell them cautiously as we walk over to the car, and Jax smirks.

"I guess Ameena'll have to sit on my lap, then," Jax winks at her, who sticks her tongue out at him. Xander hits Jax up the back of his head and looks over at me.

"Come on, Xanny, you can share with me," He points over to his Land Rover Defender and I smile thankfully at him.

I get in shotgun. Xander gets in on the driver's seat.

"So, where are we going?" I ask as Xander leads the way, Noah's car in the back follows, and an extra car follows them.

Must be back up. Or bodyguards.

"You'll find out," Xander answers sneakily. I just smile slightly.

Is this the part where they do to me what they did to Xena?

The rest of the drive is in complete silence. Comfortable silence.

By the time we reach wherever we're meant to go, I'm already tired of sitting down. I'm literally jumping in my seat to get out.

"I didn't realize how much I hate sitting," I laugh, and he snorts, shaking his head.

"Xanny, it's literally been fifteen minutes, are you that impatient?" He asks.